KiteLife Forum

Ooooh I love living on the Coast

Syruss

We have officially been over in Bandon for 2 weeks and I haven't had any free time to fly my kites, that is until this weekend.

I went to Seven Devils park and flew 2 times, the wind was awesome, the beach was awesome and I was in kite heaven!

Now if only there were some more flyers here... Anyone???

Syruss,

Glad you finally made it to the coast. That soccer field in Medford was a little crowded and the wind doesn't shift 180 degrees in five minutes and then back again on the coast. That beautiful on shore breeze!!. We were north of Ocean Shores yesterday and flew for about 5 hours. What a wonderful day!! Hope to run into you again one of these days.

Jim F.

Where is Banton? :) Most coast are kite heaven.. I wish I lived on one. BB Penny

Bandon is about 80 miles or so north of Brookings right on the coast!

It's a great place to live. We need to have a kite party. The property we are renting has a HUGE yard, over an acre mowed and comes complete with a 20 foot Yurt!

If anyone wants to come down for some camping and flying, just let me know :)

The Yurt is even insulated and has power so you could have lighting and a electric heater if you needed it. Just needs a little cleaning as it has set empty for a bit.

Where is Banton? :) Most coast are kite heaven.. I wish I lived on one. BB Penny

Bandon is about 80 miles or so north of Brookings right on the coast!

It's a great place to live. We need to have a kite party. The property we are renting has a HUGE yard, over an acre mowed and comes complete with a 20 foot Yurt!

If anyone wants to come down for some camping and flying, just let me know :)

The Yurt is even insulated and has power so you could have lighting and a electric heater if you needed it. Just needs a little cleaning as it has set empty for a bit.

Wow, sounds like a wonderful location.. now what's a yurt? We'll be sure and see you at Brookings next year, and what about Lincoln City indoor? You'd love that. There is an extra gym to play in too. BB Penny

A Yurt is a round tent, in our case it is 20 feet across, it has insulation, windows and doors on 2 sides. There are lots of places on the coast where you can rent them to camp in. They are permanent structures. Really cool stuff

Wow, thanks for the info. I'll do a searvh on them to check it out. BB Penny

A vented Rev II. :) I've seen Rodger Maddy fly one that was only vent, no sail. It worked well in high winds. BB Penny~ who will remind you, it's perfect weather for indoor flying....

So what you are saying is: "Syruss needs another kite"?

I just want to be absolutely clear on this as when I run it by my wife as "Penny said I need another kite" I don't want to mis-quote you as after I take the frying pan to the head I may not be able to fully remember this conversation.

The fact that she likes you may help a little, I probably won't get the biggest skillet, maybe just a half sized one....

Yes, you may tell her that Penny said you need antoher kite and you need it yesterday. you are way to young not to be flying a rev indoor in the winter. What better way to have a great winter? Awww. we all need more fly time. BB Penny who's going to fade away to nothing if she doesn't get more fly time.

hmmm interesting approach. I don't actually have an indoor rev. So that wouldn't be like "just another kite that you have too many of". I might just be able to get away with that.

I also need to get a vented 1.5. I just want everything for a vented 1.5 except the rods as I have all of those. I would love a vented rev b but I would have to pay all of that for another set of rods too.

Maybe John could call rev and say that this is a medical emergency. Syruss needs a vented kite or he may die.