KiteLife Forum

Ballet Kite

Guest DWayne

I've read that a person should have a set of kites (UL, Std, Vented) if he or she plans to compete in ballet. This makes sense to me since the wind changes from day to day. Even from morning to afternoon. So my question is; would a set of Silver Fox kites be suitable? Or does a person really need a $1,000 set of kites to compete? Maybe there's another alternative?

BTW, I did a search for "Silver Fox" and got zilch. :confused!:

Thanks in advance

Denny

I've read that a person should have a set of kites (UL, Std, Vented) if he or she plans to compete in ballet. This makes sense to me since the wind changes from day to day. Even from morning to afternoon. So my question is; would a set of Silver Fox kites be suitable? Or does a person really need a $1,000 set of kites to compete? Maybe there's another alternative?

Thanks in advance

Denny

It certainly helps to have a range of kites and lines so you are always flying in the optimal wind range. As for the Silver Fox, go for it. It is an excellent kite. I think there is a misconception that expensive = quality on all ocasions. Whilst it's not a bad rule of thumb, the Silver Fox is the exception that proves the rule.

Thanks in advance

Denny

It certainly helps to have a range of kites and lines so you are always flying in the optimal wind range. As for the Silver Fox, go for it. It is an excellent kite. I think there is a misconception that expensive = quality on all ocasions. Whilst it's not a bad rule of thumb, the Silver Fox is the exception that proves the rule.

Thanks Stephen. That was really helpful.

Denny