KiteLife Forum

blast stack

ant man

well im stacking 2 blast.s and so far i like how things are looking .. i havent flown them yet and i used 200# flying line for stack line i just hope its not too thin and will cut up anything on my kites.. i will get out there and try them out and will have pics of them soon .. any advise will help too

Hey Ant...

What kind of a harness are you going to use for that rig ? Do you have an anchor to tie your butt to ? With the kinds of winds we've been having, it sounds pretty brave to try to fly not one, but two Blasts at the same time... I've been getting dragged through the sand by a 1.8 meter foil recently.

I would think the 200' lines should be good for the flying lines in less than 10 mph, but maybe use them for the brake lines and jack the flying lines up to 300 if you're expecting alot of dragging and maybe some jumps. I think the steering lines on my bigger foil are 300#, and those have been strong enough to take me for a ride.

Have fun, and be careful... I don't want to read about you in the NY Times...

~Rob.

well an update .. the blast stack is a sucess i will have pics of it soon .. but i must say it pulls like a semi .. i would like to try 3 :cat_luv: as 2 of them are so much better to fly then one so 3 has gotta be good.. i have 200# line but might go highter on the tops.. but all in all a great project :w00t:

well an update .. the blast stack is a sucess i will have pics of it soon .. but i must say it pulls like a semi .. i would like to try 3 :cat_luv: as 2 of them are so much better to fly then one so 3 has gotta be good.. i have 200# line but might go highter on the tops.. but all in all a great project :w00t:

You need to get some video of that........I'm sure we would all like to see you getting abused by the wind!!!!

P

mr denny those are just lines i used to set it up in my front yard to get a picture of them .. and yea my wife got me a brand new video camera so videos are comeing soon as well.. next plan im going to add a 3rd blast to the stack just to spice things up a bit.. im in this process as we speak

shoot!!!! if i were worried about saftey i wouldnt have done this in the first place!!! i even re did my bridle stronger as the stock one broke.. now im all set this setup is the best ive done and the first rev stack i ever made.. but wont be the last!!!

• 2 weeks later...
flew it yesterday in a 17 mph wind man that was too much :) .. im going to play it safe and stay between the 4 to 8 range for now

hahahaha The post made me laugh. Probably because I can picture it.

Ant? You ok? You didn't break anything? An arm, a neck? I've seen men twice your size go down in to much wind in a milisecond. Are you going to share what happened with 3 in 17 mph? Hope you're ok Anthony. I'll go look at the pic now... BB Penny ~picturing in her mind the picture of Ant with a cast on his arms. :blink:

Way Kite Kewl.. Are you sure we shouldn't change your name to "Tony the Tiger, or Tony the Flyer"

My right shoulder is soar from indoor flying. :) I didn't fly this weekend to get it back in shape for tomorrow. 5 days of fun flying stretched it a bit I guess. Glad to hear you are ok. I'll bet it is fun. BB Penny