KiteLife Forum

What to do next!

bass

Ok, Here go's, I just bought a 3.5 meter "Peel" duel line. I'm not going to use it with a buggy,on water,etc. I just want to be drug all over the field with shoes on. My question/s, # line, how long should they be,what type of handle/s, straps and everything else that I foregot to ask ya'll >>>----> :confused!:

Ok, Here go's, I just bought a 3.5 meter "Peel" duel line. I'm not going to use it with a buggy,on water,etc. I just want to be drug all over the field with shoes on. My question/s, # line, how long should they be,what type of handle/s, straps and everything else that I foregot to ask ya'll >>>----> :confused!:

Hey Bass....

I fly a couple of my foils on 2 lines, and I use 225# 110 ft lines with padded straps. I'm including a picture of my hand before I got the padded straps, it should convince you that they are a good investment. I like to fly my larger foils with 4 lines, because you can easily kill the pull if you need to.

~Rob.

post-786-1198681060_thumb.jpg

Ok, Here go's, I just bought a 3.5 meter "Peel" duel line. I'm not going to use it with a buggy, on water, etc. I just want to be drug all over the field with shoes on. My question/s, # line, how long should they be, what type of handle/s, straps, and everything else that I foregot to ask ya'll >>>----> :confused!:

Hey Bass....

I fly a couple of my foils on 2 lines, and I use 225# 110 ft lines with padded straps. I'm including a picture of my hand before I got the padded straps, it should convince you that they are a good investment. I like to fly my larger foils with 4 lines, because you can easily kill the pull if you need to.

~Rob.

"Hi Rob, Thanks for your response, I was thinkin along the same line. Also I recieve an e-mail with an offer to purchase a "Hurricane" harness set up w/standard bridle. Also a "pulley? thingy". Included is a extra 300# bridle. Also they said I should use at least a 300# line set.Very seldom do we get wind over 15mph and thoes days a few. Would I need anything like that. :cat_luv:

Hey Bass...

I guess it would depend on your weight and personal strength. I can last 20 minutes-half hour with my 3 meter foil, only using my hand/arm strength, in a 15-20 mph wind. That includes 50 ft. slides in the sand and 5-10 ft. jumps. But I FEEL it for a couple days after. If you're used to the pull of waterskiing/wakeboarding, it's very similar. You would last longer with a harness, but then there's the question of what to do when something goes wrong.

I'm a little older, and not as durable as I used to be. I don't think I would survive a 20 ft drop as well as I would've 20 years ago. I personally have stayed away from any kind of a harness that doesn't have a safety.

The line strengths that you mentioned don't sound out of line for what you're looking to do, though. I just like my 225 # lineset, and they have proven plenty strong for me. I do have and have used the 300# lines, they're just too short for my taste.

~Rob.

By the way, the picture is of a Speedfoil 10 after 1/2 hour of flying.

Hey Bill,

Keep in mind those 225# lines may not be strong enough if you go out in winds over 20mph, especially if you put some wraps in them. The 300 # lines would be good goto lines for medium to high winds (15-30) and the 225# are my goto lines for average winds around me (10-20mph).

I guess it comes down to your average wind conditions, if you had to choose one set over another.

Good Luck & Happy New Year...

~Rob.

• 2 weeks later...