KiteLife Forum

Hot Tricks Shoot Out Video

Penny Lingenfelter

This is the last round of the hot tricks shoot out video at Windless Kite Festival 2008 in Long Beach, WA. Glenn and Rachal Day took the video. I'm not sure it's the total round. I sat down and flew, and laid down and flew, but perhaps that was in an earlier elimination round. In any case~ it was a fun weekend. BB Penny ~Who thinks we need to get more group pictures at our events of the participants.

Here's the link to the hot tricks video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1009485866837776506

post-61-1204487499_thumb.jpg

This is the last round of the hot tricks shoot out video at Windless Kite Festival 2008 in Long Beach, WA. Glenn and Rachal Day took the video. I'm not sure it's the total round. I sat down and flew, and laid down and flew, but perhaps that was in an earlier elimination round. In any case~ it was a fun weekend. BB Penny ~Who thinks we need to get more group pictures at our events of the participants.

Hi Penny

The video is only the last round. I was having a problem with the tape and the first round with Paul De Bakker had some bad spots in it.

Glenn

Thank you Doug, and tell your wife thanks for watching it. I hope she can tell how much fun we're having and at the same time how intense we are.

Baloo.. you might be a little older then me.. or not... but it is exhausting fun. BB Penny~Who thinks Lam didn't look a bit tired. Go figure.

That video is so cool, Penny. I watched it and then showed it to my wife who has heard your name a number of times. She was impressed also. Great flying!!

Doug

Hey Glen, I'm more then ok with this video. Much longer and it might have been boring. Thank you for all the time you all took to do this.

You and I should talk about video taping a tutorial. I have to talk to Rev. about it later. Talk to you soon. BB Penny

Hi Penny

The video is only the last round. I was having a problem with the tape and the first round with Paul De Bakker had some bad spots in it.

Glenn

Hey, Penny

a friend of ours want to know your line measurements.

for indoor, you must have various sets judging from your video clips.

would you mind sharing your tips on line sets?

Litsong

Hello Litsong,

I would love to share. :) That's why I hang out here.

I think my shortest lines are between 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 ft.

My longest indoor line is as high as the ceiling is. And sometimes we have to crouch down to fly.

My favorite INdoor was David Brittan on 100 ft. w/ 10 Rev's indoors.. Now that's flying!

What length are they flying now?

I tell people every 2 ft. makes a difference. Try 2 or 3 lengths. It's a good learning tool.

12 ft. is nice to learn on.. 10 Ft. is nice.. 8 ft is quicker 6 ft. and you better know how to keep it moving... anything shorter and you must be slightly crazy. :) That would be me.

15 ft and longer: I think longer lines look the most beautiful. 15, 25.. length shouldn't matter if you have the room. But 50 ft. in no wind is harder to learn on then 15 ft. in my opinion.

11-15 ft. Medium length makes a good speed for learning. It gives the flyer time to correct mistakes, leading less crashes.

4-10 ft. Shorter lines are great for small areas, and tricks- but much quicker.. I think it's more advanced. But what if I'm wrong? Tell them to try the short lines too. I don't want to tell anyone they can't do it.

I look forward to watching the family learn to fly Litsong. You need to flnd someone to video tape for you more so we can see all of you flying together. :o Tell the family I said hello.

Enjoy~! BB Penny ~who better get to work.

Hey, Penny

a friend of ours want to know your line measurements.

for indoor, you must have various sets judging from your video clips.

would you mind sharing your tips on line sets?

Litsong