KiteLife Forum

Back on line... Data from 7/16.

Well, as most of you know by now... We experienced total hardware failure in the servers we were renting from our old data center around 8/18/04, and the entire Kitelife site was down for almost 1 week exactly.

We've moved everything to a new datacenter company, which boasts 99.999% up time and a Raid 1 back up server which updates on a minute-by-minute basis and reroutes visitors to the alternate server in case of outage (like mirroring).

This costs us about 20% more than our old provider did, but it will be well worth it.

I apologize for the fact that all of our data from the forum, kite classifieds, photofiles, etc are all set back to 7/16/04 when we downloaded our latest back ups... The old datacenter was unable to recover any of the old data, and we don't expect that news to change.

Anyway, feel free to settle back in... We're up and running.

I apologize to those of you who had registered for the forum between 7/16 and now, but you can safely re-register at this time.

Humbly yours,

john, It was a with certain pleasure to see that kitelife home page pop up when i clicked on your site :blushing: ...Welcome Back Kitelife Magazine! :blushing:

Kram...kitelife subscriber #5....p.s. received Radsai 3.0 the other day...haven't had chance to open...will send pics later of this fine foil...thanks, mark

:blushing: Okay John, you have most likely dreading this one .... it is me! Man I wish I had some words to jab him in the ribs with right now. I sure missed the site while it was down and it is great to have it back, thanks for all the hard work both at WSIKF and here on the site. :blushing:

:lol: And speaking of WSIKF just between you and me "ya done good man, a little slow in the beginning but you got the camera working just right in the end (I think John knows what I am talking about)" you might want to email me an address where things can be sent via Mr. UPS :D

In all honesty, my focus was to get those shots in context.

Part of the crowd, or set against kites, that kind of thing... Which proved to be a bit of a challenge, particularly considering it wasn't exactly warm or dry 1/2 the time.

But... Check your email for a link to a special ZIP file just for you. :blushing:

John,

I gather that this means all posts and entries from July 16th, won't be found? So....I urge everbody to jump back in here, and try and repost their posts, events, photos, whatever, to fill the threads back up. Speaking of back-ups.....I backed up http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/phpBB2/index.php last night, and will try and remember to do it often! :blushing:

Thanks for all you do!

T

CHEERLEADERS??? I never saw any cheer leaders . hmmm John.. were you at the high school cheerleading practices in between flying? Dont touch that cody! lol.. know ya want to.. but be good. B)

Great to see it all up and running Eyeball, I really didnt know how much I missed it till it was gone sigh.. Now I am ready to start learning some good dual line stuff, and yes, I am willing to crash , so lay it on me Johnboy!!!!

Hugs ,

mousie

OH, by the way Eye, any chance of you reposting the wskif updates that ran, those of us that were there and not staying where we had internet access couldnt see em.. *not complaining, hehe I had one of the best spots in town* . But I would love to see the updates and photos.

hugs ,

mousie

Well, as most of you know by now... We experienced total hardware failure in the servers we were renting from our old data center around 8/18/04, and the entire Kitelife site was down for almost 1 week exactly.

I apologize for the fact that all of our data from the forum, kite classifieds, photofiles, etc are all set back to 7/16/04 when we downloaded our latest back ups... The old datacenter was unable to recover any of the old data, and we don't expect that news to change.

Glad to see KL back up. Too bad the old providers droppped the ball.

Good to BE back on... There's been a wonderful explosion of people sending me emails, signing up for the forum, etc... That "don't know until it's gone" thing is true!

I know I was going nutty... Kitelife is what I do... My days were reduced to riding my bike and watching the Sci Fi channel in between getting everything sorted out.

WSIKF updates are functional, one of the first things to go back up:

http://www.kitelife.com/archives/wsikf04

Thanks guys!! B)

John I got emails from all over the world asking what happened to it. Glad to see it's back to. I'd be embarrased to admit how often I check in. B)

Hey, Mousie has a smiley and planegirl has a smiley.. I'm jealous! I want one! If monkey boy can fix curious george up with a kite... or was that his brother?.. uncertain :w00t: .... seems like we could get someone to make us a rev. smiley. :P

Keep up the good work and don't get any nightmares from the Sci-Fi channel.

BB

Penny