KiteLife Forum

Make a fighter kite

kitefighter

AN INVITATION TO ATTEND

THE WORLD KITE MUSEUM'S

FIGHTER KITE MAKING WORKSHOP

OR

BUY THE KITE KIT AND MAKE 'TANGLER' AT HOME

At 10 am on April 24, 2004 in Long Beach Washington, the World Kite Museum is offering a fighter kite making workshop that Donna and I will be hosting. During the workshop you will make a medium wind, 5-10mph, fighter kite I designed called 'Tangler'. 'Tangler' is a high performance North American style competition caliber fighter kite I used in winning the 2003 Line Touch World Cup Competition.

Following the workshop, if the weather permits, we'll head to the beach to test fly the kites, get them fine tuned and have some flying fun, casual competition, etc.

ALL THE KITE BUILDING MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THE KITE ARE SUPPLIED! The kite skin material is Orcon, the bow and battens are carbon fiber and the spine is bamboo.

To attend the workshop all you need to do is make a reservation right NOW plus donate $20 to the World Kite Museum.

There are 20 spaces available for the workshop, so reserve your spot NOW by calling the World Kite Museum between 10am-5pm PST at 360-642-4020 or by emailing the World Kite Museum at info@worldkitemuseum.com

IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND THE WORKSHOP, BUT WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE A 'KIT' CONSISTING OF ALL THE PARTS NEEDED TO MAKE THE KITE, A FULL SIZED TEMPLATE & INSTRUCTIONS SO YOU CAN MAKE THE 'TANGLER' FIGHTER KITE AT HOME; SEND YOUR $20 DONATION TO THE WORLD KITE MUSEUM ALONG WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS SO THEY CAN MAIL YOU THE COMPLETE KITE KIT. THE KITE MUSEUM'S MAILING ADDRESS IS

P.O. Box 964

Long Beach, Washington. 98631

Although all the building materials are included with your $20 donation, each attendee will need to bring the following to the workshop:

24" ruler, metal is best

Single edged razor blade or hobby knife….new blades

Utility knife, break off is fine…..new blades

A pair of sharp scissors

Silver, white or gold fine tipped marking or gel pen; it'll need to be seen on black

Super fine tip felt tip marker, black ink

A disposable medium fine artist's paint brush

If you have questions about the kite we will be building, please email me at kitefighter@yahoo.com

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bruce Lambert