KiteLife Forum

Christmas Kite Basket

Penny Lingenfelter

The powers that be at work have decided that our annual Christmas Basket that we make for a gala event and auction off for charity will be done by me and Matt. They want a "kite" theme. (Matt wants 4x4's and rifles) At least I think their not kidding? :lol: heheh

I like the ideal of a kite basket :lol: .. with the beach 1st aid kit like "Expresso, Kites and Other Delights" made for the Pacific Beach Auction. Toilet paper, Jack Daniels, bandaid, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.

But how could I make this a highly desirable basket? With cost Under $100! Wouldn't a Beetle look good in it?

Ideally it should raffle for $200-$300. So shrink wrap, basket, filler, and what ever we can find to put in it with the rest of the money. Any suggestions?

BB

Penny !:

Wow, sounds like a great idea!

How bout some things like:

sunscreen

a hat

gloves

an inexpensive dragon kite for the kiddos

Love the beetle Idea !!!!

a couple of feathers -like everyone wears or they sell at the fests..

a kiting t shirt?

a great cd to fly to.

ummm help me out guys!!!

will think so more. long day today penny.. but I would bid on it!

hugs mousie.. <:3_)~~~~~~

This sounds like something you could really go nuts on.lol

A ground stake,ripstop repair tape,wind meter,sleeving kit, are my suggestions to add to the mix.

I'm not sure what you all concider an Xmas drink.....nothing against JD.lol......but isn't rum & eggnog more seasonal?

I don't drink either one....i just hang some mistle toe off my beer.

Good Winds

Mike

Kewl ideas everyone! is my email addy.

Theresa are you going to Seaside for the buggy blast?

I had a Super Blast! But didn't see you(?)

Sure wish I could go back, but it sounds like it's a softball, football type of weekend with my sweetheart.

I must have the kite bug pretty bad still :) if a party sounds dull compared to Sunset Beach! ;) Someone take my temperature quick, and pass me a glass of water w/two quad handles. :) That should make me feel better!

BB :w00t:

Penny

Kewl ideas everyone!  is my email addy.

Theresa are you going to Seaside for the buggy blast? 

I had a Super Blast!  But didn't see you(?) 

Sure wish I could go back, but it sounds like it's a softball, football type of weekend with my sweetheart. 

I must have the kite bug pretty bad still  :) if a party sounds dull compared to Sunset Beach!  ;) Someone take my temperature quick, and pass me a glass of water w/two quad handles.  :)   That should make me feel better!

BB :w00t:

Penny

Didn't get a chance to get away from the shoppe this weekend! But we did get out to Delta park on Monday and flew the heck out of stuff! Had great winds and blue skies! I just hate the scruffy 'grass' there though...put a rip in the sail of the DFM :) but nothing a little tedlar won't fix!

Had a customer come in the Shoppe yesterday, and he commented how nice it was to meet you and fly with you at Sunset Beach! Robert....with a buggy and kids....do you remember him?

Sure wish we could have made it! I have it on my calendar, for next year....if they hold it again!

Also...I have Robert checking on reserving a gym here in Vancouver, for indoor fly time. He 'knows' somebody.....so will see if that works out!

Later,

Theresa

Wow, the only Robert that is coming to mind is one that is hearing impaired? I missed him this year. ;)

Is that the same Robert? oh... wait.. maybe the one who's buggy was on loan to Frank? Was that the Robert? I met a lot of super kewl people this weekend. Afraid I missed a few of the names, but I'll get them next time! Still.... glad he had nice things to say! :) He might be the one who's son did so well with the Super Blast! Bet that's him!

I still wann go back to Sunset...................... bump, bump bump.. cross those ruts to the dunes! Yee Ha! :w00t:

BB

Penny

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have two weeks to get this basket together now. $100 for basket, cellaphane and all.

For those that might like to send goodies my snail mail addy at work is:

REID Property Management

c/o Penny Lingenfelter

P.O. Box 3823

Silverdale, WA 98383

All items to be donated to the Christmas Auction (done in Novemberat the Festival of Trees) This year the funds will go to the Pediatric Rehabilitation program. The proceeds go to the Local Hospital! Anything donated will be listed and gift giver included. My original thought was to get ideas, but if somebody is serious about making this an awesome basket and can spare a kite item, I'm all for it! :D

I'm sure I can get the boss to put a digital picture of the basket on the web for me.

Hopefully we'll get $300 for it. Lots of neat ideas came from you all. Now I have to find my way to a kite store, too. Oh.. and the beach.. unless someone can ship sand. :P Thanks so much for the ideas. Now what CD?

BB

Penny

Rick, just print out that picture and consider yourself done. Now, where's a fork, I can poke you with just to be sure? :P

Theresa, I'll see what I can do about getting you two the indoor CD. I'd like to get a few of them to give away to sponsors of events. Guess, I'll have to go talk to Don. :D

BB

Penny

This is going to be the best gift basket ever! "A Day at the Beach"

Sand toys, kites, single and dual, hand warmers, stake holder, kite soap where the kites stay on it all the way through. (How do they do that?) A prism and indoor kite festival dvd's. "Flying Thing" hat for him, staw hat for her. I'm hoping someone will send a stake and winder.

Oh, I bought two wine glasses that were blue candles with seashells and starfish. So cute! :( And they busted on the way home. Maybe I'll be able to find them in town. Oh... Harvey's hot buttered rum mix, rum, mugs. A fighter kite, an AKA single line kite. Sand w/beach things in it magnet. A kite magnet. Kite Jewlrey.

Ok, straw mat at the dollor store to lay things down on, or sit on? Munchies? We still have time and money. What's not to love about this basket. Oh, wonder if I can find tails?

We're actually trying to get a hotel room. hmm.. and I was thinking music and cd player, or tape player if that is all we can afford.

Any suggestions on music?

What else? :w00t: I'm kinda gearing this towards beginners or a great xmas gift for a family.

I'm dressed in my elf costume (casual Friday, you know ^_^ ) So I'm already in the giving mood! All proceeds to the Pediatric Rehabilitation @ Harrison Hospital :P

I am sending you all wonderful vibes received from giving and good thoughts! Thanks kite bunches!!!

What should I add? I'm going to try to get the indoor dvd to the sponsors! It may take a little bit, but I'll get it to you.

I can't say it enough, :w00t::w00t: Thank you for your donations and any input you can give.

Best Breezes,

Penny

:D:o

Your awesome Kent! Thank you!!! I received the Prism DVD, Theresa!!! Wishing I had a dvd player at work to check it out. That was a wonderful idea!

You all better wish me luck on presentation! If I don't come up with some creative basket that could be my big expense!!

I bought a great big gold/prismatic w/stars bag for $1. I figured, worse come to worse, I could reinforce with cardboard and use it.

Thank you!! I can't wait to start putting it all together!

BB

Penny

Hey Kent Yoo HOoooo :devil:

We received the Icon. Thank you Thank you!

Finchers AireForce is bringing us kite line, handles and a stake.

We got the Polynesian Resort!!! 2 nights!

This will be a wonderful "Day at the Beach" for some generous person.

I'll get the picture when we get it put together. We checked out radio's chairs, etc. today. We're almost done! Thanks again!

BB

Penny

:) Okay Penny I got the picture printed now where do I send it so that I can get it autographed by all the Angels ;)   WOW, I just cant wait  :pinch: (she isn't going to hurt me for that is she?)

You Wish <_<

All the angels have been sworn to not hurt you, or tickle you.... worse then chinese torture. hehe :pinch:

But those Cody's.... they can fly, but they can't hide

BB

Penny

Woo Hoo. B) It's an awesome basket. Lots of goodies! A perfect day at the beach. Minus suntan lotion. I ran out of $. But It's got a wonderful outdoor portable cd player. A dual line and an AKA single line. Lots of kewl stuff..

Now, I have about 1 day left to put together a calendar of local events for 2005. (or should I add some big festivals?). yeah, I guess I should.... :)

Also, a list of web pages to go find out more about kites. Aka, Kitelife, etc. Oh, and should I list kite stores in WA?

:wacko:

I'm open to input here.. tks! having fun ~ rain or sun~ beach bound ~ woo hoo... so many thank you's to send. <_< No dvd's till I get the guys to run those copy's.. but Kent and Therea you are on my list! :wacko:

BB

Penny

I forgot to get a picture of the list with who donated the items for you guys. :) It was very nice! :lol: I'm sorry.

I did however, put your cards inside the items, then one on the outside so they could be viewed. This is good and bad. I didn't keep one for myself. :)

There was also a list of a few web sites (donators included) as well as the kite clubs, stores, and cities in the N.W. that have festivals. And a note on safety. That should get them started. Shrink wrapped and sent on it's merry way. I miss it. ;)

The people who picked up the basket were very impressed and grateful for the basket. I sent pictures to a few of you, but I can't figure out how to shrink them down to put in kitelife.com, yet. No promises on that one though. I can't say thank you all enough.

At work they thought I was crazy, but they liked it. (of course they always think I'm crazy... but you know... I'm crazy, my friends are insane) :P