KiteLife Forum

2008 World Sport Kite Championships

John Barresi

good video there john that weave is sick .. as well as the other move they do when they twist the kites inside that line.. all 6 sit in a line and 3 of the move therugh eachother.. that was cool.. i iquad thinking of any dual line routines??

The problem with complex moves like that is when you change flight order, all the steps change... Hard to do, without a regular squad.

Eventually, I'd love to have six full time guys available enough to create a polished 6 minute routine.

Requires regular practice, and we can't quite get enough dedicated airtime yet with iQuad's changing roster, geography and schedules. *pout*

Again, be sure to stop by and read the Gomberg Daily Updates, as it happens, from France!

Ninja video was just added, thanks David!

These guys are one of the oldest competing sport kite teams in the world, the remaining original member goes back to 1986 if my info is right.

Neat style from these guys, different routine than the one I saw from them in Tokyo last October.

I really liked their Taiko drum routine, seen it with 3 and 4 pilots... Here's a video of them from 1991.

We've also got some video of them from the 2006 World Sport Kite Championships, just have to find it and upload.

This new routine is very fast, lots and lots of turns, not sure if I'd be able to keep it all straight as a flier!

Ninja has a very unique ballet style, I always enjoy watching them, keeps me on my toes. ;)