KiteLife Forum

LLama's Angels

PlaneGirl54

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, change of subject.....

TODAY is my birthday... boom boom boom boom boom.. It's going to be a good one! boom boom boom boom boom.. ;)

Don't ask how old, cause then I'd have to say sneaking up on 50. That sounds so old!!!!!~ But it's not!!!! It might look old...lol but it's just not!

BB

Penny feeling young... even on her birthday!

Ooohhh ~ Aahhhh and next year my birthday lands on Fri. during WSIKF! That means it's time for Long Beach Memorabila. My birthday hasn't landed during the event for 3 years. Wow did I saved some money! lol

I usually hand out L.B. Memorabilia just for fun. Nick Brewster called this year and told me to be sure and send one home with his mom, but alas.. no birthday-no memorabilia.

I've had lots of fun in the pass handing out smiley button faces, little stars, colored foil beads, rocks, etc. I tell people, you won't remember who gave this to you, but you will remember Long beach and it will make you smile. Some people pulled smiley rocks out of their pocket to show me they still had them, some people stick the beads to their forheads, glue them to the cupboards in the RV. etc. I've had lots of fun passing them out, and even more fun with the jokes and feedback that I receive. Usually I give away 400 of them within two days. I know I've given away about twice that, but 400 in two days is alot! What a great way to get to know people.

This year *(2006) I was thinking that I should make little smiley faces with Rev. sunglasses on and maybe even in hot pink, or green. Karen suggested purchasing my own button making machine and using it as a write off. Hmm. Wonder if I can produce little buttons on a maker? I have some research to do.

Long Beach is gone. Summer is almost over. :( Yes, but we have next year to start planning for! :wub:

Oh, Monkey, :blushing: thanks for the compliment.. I don't have to have them.. but they are still very nice to get.

BB

Penny

Happy Birthday Penny. As I remember, I may have had a birthday during WSIKF. I think it rained that day and I completely forgot my age. I'm not sure though. Terry Huff's birthday was also this month as was Jim Byrne's back in the Bronx.

Anyone else born on a hot day in August? What a time to be pregnant. We need to start planning ahead from now on. Yeah right, like that's ever going to happen!

Anyway Happy Birthday to your silly self again Penny! :blushing:

:o 'bout an hour and a half north of Long Beach...

:o A half hour north of Ocean Shores...

kinda the end of the road... there's a little town (that would be Pacific Beach) and a state park (that would be Pacific Beach State Park). Really just a fun fly with no sound system, but a great turnout :) and a fantastic banquet! ;)

eek? :P

Sometimes there a little music. To me it's like a "Thank You" to the kitemakers mostly and flyers. Just a laid back festival. Amy.. sometimes they have cash prizes!! Best territory. I remember a cabana set up w/ chairs and wine w/glasses for the judges got $25-50. We've actually won a few good restraunt coupons.

It's gorgous with a little river that behaves (sp) better then the D river. :P

You shouild come up. Oh, the campground is right on the beach. In the past we could park in the school yard. I should try to call the kite store and see if that is still possible. Barbeque. Big dinner.. and a lot fo folks from Canada or E. WA.

Hope they all make it. Aiyana will probably have to work. :)

BB

Penny