KiteLife Forum

Bristol UK

Baskey

The Bristol International Kite Festival is the premier UK kiting event. This year we saw great kites and superb displays as well as excellent participation from all over the world....but little to no wind.!!!!!

Better luck next year as there were many thousands of interested spectators. The sport is now really starting to hum here in England!!

p.s. we saw the worlds biggest kite flying .... the size of a (UK) football pitch.

It woulld be great to see some of you USA flyers over here next year!!

The Bristol International Kite Festival is the premier UK kiting event.  This year we saw great kites and superb displays as well as excellent participation from all over the world....but little to no wind.!!!!!

Better luck next year as there were many thousands of interested spectators.  The sport is now really starting to hum here in England!!

p.s. we saw the worlds biggest kite flying .... the size of a (UK) football pitch.

It woulld be great to see some of you USA flyers over here next year!!

Thanks for the report! And Welcome here to the KiteLife 4M!

I too, hope you can come up with some pics to send to John! i would love to see them too!

It would be great if you could post event dates for us, and let us know what next years schedule is. That might give some of us time to plan........ :w00t:

Thanks again for the info!!

:sq-yingyang: John,

I was only a spectator and ameatuer flyer at the event. If you would like more info try www.kite-festival.org . Avril Baker is the event organiser and the Avon Kite Flyers Club are the local hosts.... they will all know a lot more aboutt the event than I do!!

Love the site

Baskey

post-28-1095443514.jpg

:sq-yingyang: : Hi John,

For UK event info try the following sites:

www.thekitesociety.org.uk

www.kiteability.co.uk

www.aeolian.co.uk

www.kitecalendar.co.uk

or for power kiting try: jeremy.evans@zen.co.uk

Seeing how the sport of kiting is expanding and diversifying so rapidly, there must be prospects of an olympiic event in the near future!! possibly kite surfing being first!!

Regards

Baskey