KiteLife Forum

Quantum Pro or Silver Fox 2.5

Jroyce85

Hey all! So i'm wanting to get everyones opinion on this before I spend any money. My ideal is to stay with one model of kite and also have it in an UL and a vented model. Ive heard the Silver Fox 2.5 is a good kite and have seen many videos of both. I like that the Silver Fox is a whole heck of a lot cheaper but ive never owned a Flying Wings Kite and have a couple of Prisms and their Quality from what i have seen is superb as well as their headquarters is extremely close for me to get replacement parts should the need arise. So I guess what im asking is the Quantum Pro really worth the Cash? Also how does the Zephyr compare to the Quantum pro UL? Thanks all

-Jared-

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all! So i'm wanting to get everyones opinion on this before I spend any money. My ideal is to stay with one model of kite and also have it in an UL and a vented model. Ive heard the Silver Fox 2.5 is a good kite and have seen many videos of both. I like that the Silver Fox is a whole heck of a lot cheaper but ive never owned a Flying Wings Kite and have a couple of Prisms and their Quality from what i have seen is superb as well as their headquarters is extremely close for me to get replacement parts should the need arise. So I guess what im asking is the Quantum Pro really worth the Cash? Also how does the Zephyr compare to the Quantum pro UL? Thanks all

-Jared-

I would go for the Silver Fox 2.5 (STD or UL).

No need to lay out that much $$$

-Jared-

I would go for the Silver Fox 2.5 (STD or UL).

No need to lay out that much $$$

Surprising answer... I though you were a Prism guy.

I've been tempted to get a SilverFox, but never got around to it. I do have a QPro, though, and can heartily recommend it. Between the QPro and Zephyr is where three quarters of my flying time is spent.

~Rob.

-Jared-

Hey Jared...

The Qpro is a more demanding kite than the Zephyr. You get out what you put in, no more, no less. The Zephyr is very forgiving, and makes you look better than you are...

I can tell you that the build quality is excellent, what you would expect from the Prism flagships.

I do have a couple of Flying Wings kites, but not the SilverFox. I would say that they're good kites for the $$$, and my Acrobatx is super tricky. The SF seems like a tremendous deal, you can get the STD and UL for the price of one QPro. And good luck trying to find a QPro SUL, UL, or VV. Let's see... from a dollar standpoint, you've got almost $1000 for the QPro suite vs. less than $500 for the SF suite.

Another thing to keep in mind when you're considering spending $300 for a kite is that you can get something like a Blue Moon or a Sea Devil, etc. for about the same $$$.

So many choices...

~Rob.

The Acrobatx by Flying Wings was my first stunter. I've broken it, repaired it time and again and it still flies great. That's why I bought their SF 2.5 Std and SF 2.3 UL. The quality of the SF's is unmatched for the price and they both fly great.

Surprising answer... I though you were a Prism guy.

I've been tempted to get a SilverFox, but never got around to it. I do have a QPro, though, and can heartily recommend it. Between the QPro and Zephyr is where three quarters of my flying time is spent.

~Rob.

Not at all surprising...based on the build quality and performance, the SF is value for money.

The kite's design plays a part, but its the pilot's skills that counts.

• Like 1