KiteLife Forum

weighting a Cherry Bomb

JoneZ

I've been reading up on weighting my Cherry Bomb. Im not sure on exactly where to place the weights, if at all.

A couple things come to mind.

If I decide to weight my kite, I would think placing one in the center of gravity point would be ideal for flicflacs and 'nose over tail' rotations, and overall most tricks.

Weighting the tail I could see giving better vertical spins, and axels (stop me if Im wrong in any way here), but would kind of nerf your kite for flicflacs, and other 'nose over tail over nose' tricks, being that the kite is now bottom-heavy.

Then I was reading on weighting the L.E.'s. And thought weighting the LEs and the CoG would be a good balance -- giving the kite more weight, thus allowing it to spin better, but not knocking the CoG totally out of whack.

Cherry's are pretty lightweight as is, so Im seriously thinking of weighting it, and seeing how I like it.

so...

Should I start with the CoG first? or just slap it on the tail and go from there?

Any input would be completely helpful. :)

~Thanks

~Jon

I've been reading up on weighting my Cherry Bomb. Im not sure on exactly where to place the weights, if at all.

A couple things come to mind.

If I decide to weight my kite, I would think placing one in the center of gravity point would be ideal for flicflacs and 'nose over tail' rotations, and overall most tricks.

Weighting the tail I could see giving better vertical spins, and axels (stop me if Im wrong in any way here), but would kind of nerf your kite for flicflacs, and other 'nose over tail over nose' tricks, being that the kite is now bottom-heavy.

Then I was reading on weighting the L.E.'s. And thought weighting the LEs and the CoG would be a good balance -- giving the kite more weight, thus allowing it to spin better, but not knocking the CoG totally out of whack.

Cherry's are pretty lightweight as is, so Im seriously thinking of weighting it, and seeing how I like it.

so...

Should I start with the CoG first? or just slap it on the tail and go from there?

Any input would be completely helpful. :)

~Thanks

~Jon

Hey Jon...

I would try a sliding weight sytem, like is on the Big Bang. That way, you can try different C of G, and see what you like best. I think you should be able to do flic flacks fine as is, but you might find roll up tricks difficult. You need to step up to a French Connection II to do all those latest pitch based roll up tricks, I think.

~Rob.