KiteLife Forum

Upgrading

JoneZ

When I do decide to upgrade kites, I was wondering if anyone had any specific picks of choice?

Theres just so many brands out there that its mind boggling.

Im the type of person, that if I have a good experience with a particular brand, I'll tend to stick to that brand. I've had great times with my lil' cherry bomb so far. The only thing with NewTech, is that for the most part, their kites aren't too appealing to the eye. The "Desire UL" series look good, but are indoor kites (0-8Mph), and the "BLK" series, as far as the reviews I've read, are good kites, but not amazing. I want amazing. :wacko:

The "techno" series kites look nice (wonder why they're not listed at the NT website), and have a decent review. Anyone had experience with these?

Any sugg?

When I do decide to upgrade kites, I was wondering if anyone had any specific picks of choice?

Theres just so many brands out there that its mind boggling.

Im the type of person, that if I have a good experience with a particular brand, I'll tend to stick to that brand. I've had great times with my lil' cherry bomb so far. The only thing with NewTech, is that for the most part, their kites aren't too appealing to the eye. The "Desire UL" series look good, but are indoor kites (0-8Mph), and the "BLK" series, as far as the reviews I've read, are good kites, but not amazing. I want amazing. :wacko:

The "techno" series kites look nice (wonder why they're not listed at the NT website), and have a decent review. Anyone had experience with these?

Any sugg?

Best thing I would suggest, drive across the bridge, and come visit The Kite Shoppe! :):)

You can see a huge selection of possibilities!

Theresa

Hello,

It really depends on what you want you new kite to do. If you want to up grade to a kite that can do all the trick I suggest the Flying Wings Silver Fox 2.5 std. This kite is awesome in all types of winds and has a wingspan of 98" and is pretty affordable. Another is the Prism Nexus this is a pretty cool little kite; it has a wingspan of 60". You also have the HQ Maestro with a 90" wingspan.

There are so many nice kites out there it is very hard to pick just one. :blink:

I was looking at the Silver Fox 2.5. Looks nice m8. Plus I saw John flippin some tricks with it on youtube, and that kinda got me geeked out for it. lol.

Think I'll learn some more tricks on my cherry bomb first before I upgrade. hehe If I can pull off a whack of tricks on this little thing, the silverfox will be a breeze.

got any of these in stock Theresa?

I have had 2 FC's. Swapped out the FC1 for the FC2 due to manufacturing error. I am not the least impressed with the quality. The dynamic part of the bridle on the 2nd one fell off w/no marks for where to replace it. I've made a new bridle for it and am currently working with it.

I instead bought a Silver Fox 2.5 and am absolutely delighted with the way it flies and the quality.