KiteLife Forum

Slot Machine question

JoneZ

lol *rotation... :blink:

K. Flying in from left to right, I give a quick push then pop with the upper wing to get the angle for the rotation.

All the tutorials say to give a pull to start the rotation, but they don't say with both hand, left or right. Do I pull with the left (lower), or the right (upper), or both?

I would think that you would pull with the left (lower), then slack the lines for the rotation.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Old post but I'll see if I can remember it off the top of my head.

Flying left to right, pull with the left hand to start the half axle, as the left wing goes flat, pull again with the left hand and step forward?

Sound right? :) ummm

I don't like the word pop. I think of setting up for the input on the slot. In effect you are setting the upper wing such that it is about 20 to 30 degrees off of horizontal the nose of the kite pointing slightly away from you. So you pull the upper wing and release the lower wing to get this attitude and as soon as you get it you do your input on the upper wing and be ready to pull for fly away as soon as the 360 is completed. Easiest to learn near the edge of the window. Make sure you tend your lines by creating slack while kite rotates. I acutally learned this one indoors where it is very easy to setup the kite and do the input.

The key is the to get the kite in the right position for the input. If you don't get flat enough you get a crazy vertical oval reverse axle. If your upper wing is too flat or below the other wing you get a tip wrap.

I think this trick is closely related to the 540, same principle.

• 1 month later...

Nailed this one, both directions. ;) thanks for the advice.

:sq-sad:

I don't like the word pop. I think of setting up for the input on the slot. In effect you are setting the upper wing such that it is about 20 to 30 degrees off of horizontal the nose of the kite pointing slightly away from you. So you pull the upper wing and release the lower wing to get this attitude and as soon as you get it you do your input on the upper wing and be ready to pull for fly away as soon as the 360 is completed. Easiest to learn near the edge of the window. Make sure you tend your lines by creating slack while kite rotates. I acutally learned this one indoors where it is very easy to setup the kite and do the input.

The key is the to get the kite in the right position for the input. If you don't get flat enough you get a crazy vertical oval reverse axle. If your upper wing is too flat or below the other wing you get a tip wrap.

I think this trick is closely related to the 540, same principle.