KiteLife Forum

pairs tips?

wen

so i am thinking of starting to fly pairs with a friend with the silverfox 2.5 any tips on pait flying? setup, commands, figures ect,ect,

thanks in advance!

Hi Wen, nice idea and I think your kite choice should work really well.

There is a mass of advice on team and pair flying and I am sure some one can point you in the direction of the old posts. Try flying the STACK compulsory figures to start with as they are clearly explained and in short sections that are easy to learn.

For me one of the most important things is communication. Decide on who is responsible for what and then trust each other to do a good job. You may decide one of you is going to call, the other decide what the correct set up should be. Help each other learn by keeping your feedback constructive ie don't say " you always turn down there when you should turn up" rather try "I noticed you turned down that time rather than up, shall we look at that move again?"

The other thing that I have found to be vital is to learn the routine first. It is far easier to spend an hour practicing with kite sticks and really knowing the routines than trying to work it out on the field. In my experience, if you "fudge" a move when you are stick practicing, you will also have problems flying the move. 30 mins stick practice is worth 1 hr practice when you are learning a routine.

Take the flying seriously, give it 100% but don't forget you are having fun.

ps sorry this is a bit rambly but you have asked a big question and it is difficult to know where to start.

thanks alot! im still working on the routine and we should be able to practice together in 1~2 months (when i go to the us) i am looking at the STACK figures, they look great! thanks!