KiteLife Forum

KiteSwap

feanor91

Hello

A friend of me has written a language that permit to define the way a kite fly. I wrote a software that permit to write easily in this language. You can found the language document here (only in french for the moment) and the software here. You can write figures, trick and ballet for 1,2 or 4 lines kites, indoor or outdoor. With the software you have a 3D window that permit to see position of the kite during the figure when the soft will be finished, A 3D window(another) will permit to simulate the figures/trick/ballets.

Tu use it, you need .net framework 3.5 installed (if not installed, you will get an error about xml.link on lauch) and dirctX 9.c update march 2008 (if not installed you will get an error about 3DSate8.dll on opening 3D preview window). this 2 soft are on the download page of kiteswap. It works fine unde XP and Vista but only on Windows, not Linux or Mac.

A last word, it is localised in english.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

A new version has been posted. She will be of great help for tose tahs creating ballet... :

-software has been renamed from KiteSwap to KiteSwap editor to avoid confusion.

-added a button in the toolbar allowing to save active window content.

-Rotation tyoe "a" and "b" has been separated from rotation "r" and "l" to permit more movement possibilities.

-3D preview window show exact combination of rotatons during ther choice in rotation selection window and not only the rotation in course of selection.

-The visual ground positionment window has been modified to permit much more possibility of positioning

-added a sub-menu in "?" menu allowing to show (or not) the visual ground positioning window in au automatic way

-Altitude 7 Zenith has been moved from 7 to 8 allowing to create a new 7 altitude for inddor between 6 and 8.

-When a music is playing in ballet, the name of figure to execute is showing as well figure to follow.

-It is possible to activate speech synthesis to read aloud figure to be executed during music is playuing

-You can record music and voice in a MP3 file to get a training music (see exemple "tesvoix")

-During printing of a ballt and after the figures grid was printing, you can choose to print, or not, the KS Partition of the ballet.

Vista users, please read help about how to activate windows mixer.

To download : www.cramayailes-indoor.org/Kiteswap

post-3406-1212599294_thumb.jpg

have fun

Hi

Version 1.0.0.3 is online.

Same figures in chain are now all annouced by speech synthesis (version 1.0.0.2 announce only the first one)

The soft can check itself if a new version is avalaible online.

It's always here

I can't get the program working on Windows XP. I choose the English mode and the program menu is totally inactive.

Cheers

Mario

Hi

Version 1.0.0.3 is online.

Same figures in chain are now all annouced by speech synthesis (version 1.0.0.2 announce only the first one)

The soft can check itself if a new version is avalaible online.

It's always here

I can't get the program working on Windows XP. I choose the English mode and the program menu is totally inactive.

Cheers

Mario

Hello Mario....

I will say only one thing : reading help will be a great "help" for you the : Presentation, First launch part in fact....

You must enter your name in menu ? to get menus activated.

have fun.

Got it now. Would it be possible to have a sample ballet routine to see how it works?

Cheers and many thanks

Mario

ah hem....Try Ballet open, TestVoix.bal, I think....But for the moment, there is only speech synthesis wich can see (ear in fact) you someting 3D simulation of things are works in progress...

have fun

Hello

Here the publication of the week :

version 1.0.0.4

As important changes were made in way to save files in "My document" folder and on files in installation folder, I wish to advise you to save figures that you have created or modified, delete folder KiteSwap in "My Document" and to proceed to uninstalation of application before installing this new version.

As important changes have been made in way to save files in "My document" folder and on files in installation folder, I wish to advise you to save figures that you have created or modified, delete folder KiteSwap in "My Document" and to proceed to a desinstallation of application before installing this new version.

-Correction of a bug in speech synthesis that cause to a badly reading of first figure of a ballet

-The reading of figure are much more accurate

-The position counter of music is corectly updated when pause or stop button are activated

-A new menu has been added to track menu allowing to change name of a figure on the track (to adjust reading by speech synthesis if a figure name is too long for example)

-Log files of 3D engine are deleted after application was shutdown

-The save system has been modifies (in my document folder) allowing to create figure with same name for different purposes (eg 2/4 lines, indoor/outdoor).You are placed automaticaly in good folder to open figure according to your last choice in line numbers and environment (radio buttons)

-Exemples of figures 2 lines outdoor has been added and some indoor figures has been modified

-Dificulties of figures files has been adapted to the new save files system to track your habilities on figures in different environment/line number

-Correction of a bug in changing zone system in ballet

-A new column has been added to ballet grid in printing zones indication

-A menu "Speech options" has been added grouping different option for speech synthesis (see help for more informations)

-State 1 has been modified to allow to translate linear or horizontal movement

-Loading of 3D preview window has been accelerated

Ro sownload, for tose who haven't download previous version : www.cramayailes-indoor.org/Kiteswap