KiteLife Forum

Flying Dual and Quad at the same time...

John Barresi

I've been doing this since 1992, but had a particularly great outing at Kasai in Tokyo yesterday after not doing it for more than a year...

post-1-1212975293_thumb.jpgpost-1-1212975317_thumb.jpgpost-1-1212975334_thumb.jpgpost-1-1212975451_thumb.jpg

(photos courtesy of Iijima-san)

The dual line (a Shiva by CDC) is attached to my belt loops (steering with my waist), and the Rev (custom B-Series) in my hands.

Did a lot of stuff I'd never done before, to mention a few:

• Simultanious spin landings.
  • Flying the dual around the stationary Rev (while rotating the Rev - matching a wing tip with the dual).
  • Docking/refueling (flying the dual into the "V" of the Rev), dual on slightly longer lines.

Anyway, just wanted to share... I hope it makes you want to try something new and crazy! :clap;

• Like 4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool! Now you need to fly a rev with one hand and a duel with the other (or have you already tried this?) And you can tie a SKL to your.... oh! never mind. I just started flying 2 cherry bombs at the same time and it's almost as fun as a rev. I also like to put up a SLK and chase it around with a rev and ride the SLK line with the rev to bring it down and then use the rev to flip the SLK off the ground to relaunch it. It's all great fun!

Cool! Now you need to fly a rev with one hand and a duel with the other (or have you already tried this?) And you can tie a SKL to your.... oh! never mind. I just started flying 2 cherry bombs at the same time and it's almost as fun as a rev. I also like to put up a SLK and chase it around with a rev and ride the SLK line with the rev to bring it down and then use the rev to flip the SLK off the ground to relaunch it. It's all great fun!

I used to tie straps to my ankles and fly.

Control was good but could not launch.

Had to put lines in hand to get kite airborne.

Very tiring after a few minutes.

How about 2 fliers, one rev, each controls 1 handle. Or even better: I think Iqad is just too good and needs to be handicapped by having John flying his rev with only his right hand and using the right handle of the rev on his left in his left hand. Everybody else will have have the left handle of the rev on their right and the right handle of the rev on their left. The last person on the left would have it easy, that person would have only 1 handle (the left handle of the person to his right in his right hand, but we can blindfold him. B)

How about 2 fliers, one rev, each controls 1 handle.

Lynn and I have tried this. When two people fly together as much as we do, it's not as hard as you might think. We put our free arms around each other and I call the moves just as if we were each flying our own kites. Much like a "three legged race", once you get it going it works out pretty well.

Fun stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 years later...

From the title I was thinking both a quad and a dual liner at one time by one flyer. In backtracking on the thread, it IS!

And who else but John.

Does remind me of Ray Bethel flying three duallies at once, one also using the Chubby Checker styled hip method...