KiteLife Forum

Kiting related nightmare, or, not so sweet dreams

Litsong

i just woke up in the middle of the night here

from a not great dream related to kite flying.

well, not that i fly badly or anything like that

but our flying field was taken by these group of morrons

from out of the area, they totally don't get it, and trying to fly

dramatically and aggressively taking over the space and put everyone around in danger

and that was not the bad part,

the worst part was that i was trying so hard (too hard) to talk to one of their heads

and explaining some basic respect of the fellows and the security measures for people involved...

the really bad part is that i wake up feeling lousy how i preach in vain

i don't like the preachy part, detail explaining i did trying to make sense with people who are totally airheaded

so uncool...

anyway, so i am awake now 3am and wondering

1.if any one had unpleasant dreams on the topic of kiting issues

2. what were the worst case you had issues with others on the kite field and how you handled that...

pardon my sloppy writing, and now i will try to get back to sleep

ps: the follow up was that i got up to search for car rental so i can drive down to ODSKC next week

oh well, i will try to get back to sleep now

it has been a week since we arrived in USA and the body is funny in how sleepy it gets in odd hours and what not

John, if you are reading this, (where are you now ?) , how do you ever adjust to all time zones all the time?!

just a younger body and mind combo?

Litsong

oh, our update here

http://argentumdesigns.blogspot.com/

i post it so to announce that i would like to be addressed as Litsong more then "Wen's mom" which is all true and fine but uninteresting....zzzz

on our way down to ODSKC from RI, anyone along the way like to host us so we can break the drive somewhat?

probably should be on a seperate post, but it's 3am.....zzz

Lately I've had to deal with people coming out to watch, which is fine till they sit down under where I'm flying. They always seem to do it when the wind is up a little too. B) They usually move after I tell them if they get hit with a line under tension it's going to cut like a razor. I cut myself once across my stomach on a trick once so I know it's true.

And also at the same park over the last 3 days, these little turds come out and start hitting thier golf balls. Which again is fine. Till they start shooting past you between waist and head level. They just laughed about it till I'd see a ball go flying past, land my kite real quick and go get the ball. When they come up to get thier ball I tell them I've told them about this crap, I'm keeping the ball and to go fly a kite. :devil: They've since stopped hitting my way.

I did have nightmares back a few years ago about kiting. I was trying to learn how to shoot the kite at myself for a catch indoors. :w00t: I missed the catch and took the nose of my Synchro across the bridge of the nose. Woke up everyonce in a while after that because in my sleep I kept seeing the kite coming and I could never catch it. Relived the pain over and over. :blink:

Dean B)

I suspect that were I to have a kite nightmare, it would revolve around people becoming so consumed by political invective and the mindless pursuit of wealth that they could no longer find time nor take pleasure in such gentle and harmless activities as flying a kite.