KiteLife Forum

Flowform 252

linekahuna

post-812-1213575727_thumb.jpghere is my HQ flowform 7.0 i love it and its much cheaper then a 252 sutton .. however i would like to get one of those someday

Hi, Antman.

What kind of drogue tail do you use on the HQ?

I also have a 7.0 which has 2-100ft 4 inch rainbow tube tails.

The 252 has an 18' jellyfish spinner for the drogue.

The photo shows a thirty foot spinsock half way down the line.

When the wind is right, I'll put the 100' tails on the line as well a a 10' Nemo fish sock. ;)

post-3337-1213678280_thumb.jpg

post-3337-1213678691_thumb.jpg

post-812-1213735790_thumb.jpgi have one of those rainbow tails that you have the 100 foot tubes i want to get another just never did..the one tail i use has been good enought for me so far but a second will do fine.. my one question.. how did you get yours in a full color version?? mine has the black panels in the middle but yours doesnt .. was it a special order??

post-812-1213735790_thumb.jpgi have one of those rainbow tails that you have the 100 foot tubes i want to get another just never did..the one tail i use has been good enought for me so far but a second will do fine.. my one question.. how did you get yours in a full color version?? mine has the black panels in the middle but yours doesnt .. was it a special order??

Those are the colors I received.

It wasn't a special order.

As you can see, I weigh close to 350 and had a hard time holding it down in an 8 mph wind. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody else have one and what colors do you have?

no 252 yet, this is my 120 post-121-1215924408_thumb.jpg

Very nice LLamaguy.

To launch a 252 is possible by one person, but having a fellow flyer

really makes it simple.

I would think the 500 would require several people.

Had one end cell collapse the other day.

The other cells collapsed in sequence.

Was that ever weird.

Next time I fly, I'll put two 100' windsocks and a 10' Spinsock with it.

Have a kite festival this weekend, so will take some photos for you folks to see.

• 3 weeks later...

i have seen flowforms from 125 to 500 get launched by 1 person .. i have launched my ff by myself more then i have had help .. the trick is to put the kite in the peak of the window and hold the one side .. with a little shake of the arms the kite will inflate .. just make sure you have it anchored down good and you have a strong line on it.. once you let go youll have to be ready for anything .. it is hard to do a self launch as some will go good and others can get nasty.. when you do this ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES. just incase of anything of the nasty things like an anchor popping out or worse the kite takeing a dive ..

i have seen flowforms from 125 to 500 get launched by 1 person .. i have launched my ff by myself more then i have had help .. the trick is to put the kite in the peak of the window and hold the one side .. with a little shake of the arms the kite will inflate .. just make sure you have it anchored down good and you have a strong line on it.. once you let go youll have to be ready for anything .. it is hard to do a self launch as some will go good and others can get nasty.. when you do this ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES. just incase of anything of the nasty things like an anchor popping out or worse the kite takeing a dive ..

This kite is usually tied to a lamp standard or a strong chainlink fence.

The line is 1800 lb test.

Sounds like overkill, but add a bunch of laundry with it and the extra strength is necessary.

Wearing gloves is a good idea.

The only problem so far is trying to walk it down at the end of the day.

Two weeks ago we had a kite festival.

The first day went well and the FF stayed up all day.

The second day, it folded up several times due to bumpy winds.

Also took out at least six small single line kites.

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. It's not easy handling a large kite.

post-3337-1217565263_thumb.jpg

i was in the outer banks a few years back and i had mine up and flying nice .. the winds then picked up and getting it down was almost impossable.. it was the worst experence i had with it but the only one thank god .. the kites can be some work but well worth it