KiteLife Forum

Brookings SOKF July 19th and 20th

Steve

Here we go again! It's all coming together great. Last week we had record temps. 108 deg. on the worst day and an average of 97 for the rest of the week. This week we are back to normal, Fog and light winds. The fog cleared up by about 10 or 11 this morning. Thank god the heat is over!

Looking foward to it.

Steve

;)

Jim

I sure hope to be in Crescent City on Labor Day weekend ! Hope to see you there.

Now for the latest weather update. They are calling for Northerly winds and a warming trend. One station is reporting possible 90s. I hope they are wrong about the 90s, 70 to 79 is great !

Steve

:kid_drool:

What a GREAT time!!!! :w00t::)B):dual: This has to be one of the best festivals we have ever had! We did an unofficial count of spectators on Saturday, and the best estimate was about 5,000 in attendance. That's huge for Brookings. This is a very small venue. Many thanks to all the great flyers for helping make this such a success.

Steve :kid_drool:

What a GREAT time!!!! :w00t::)B):dual: This has to be one of the best festivals we have ever had! We did an unofficial count of spectators on Saturday, and the best estimate was about 5,000 in attendance. That's huge for Brookings. This is a very small venue. Many thanks to all the great flyers for helping make this such a success.

Steve :kid_drool:

COME ON....STEVE!!! GOT PHOTOS???? :w00t:

Wow, I did the names w/phonics early in the morning so I'd get it done.. They probably want to egg me I butchered them so bad... Now, here are the correct spellings as they are in the festival book. A very nice book I might add.

:) Picture this:

Kite fliers ~ Flying for the crowd.

Sundowners and

IQuad

Gary and Nancie MacEachern

Ron Despojado & Susan Shampo

Lam Hoac

Brian Champie

Al Washington and Aaron (A.J.)

Penny Lingenfelter (that's me)

Nathaniel Ostovar

Steve Bladell

Al Stroh

Susan Shampo

Kite Makers~ Showing their stuff

Ron and Sandy Gibbeon,

Deb Lenzen

John and Mary Gabby

Ronda Brewer and Lindsey Johnson

David Gomberg (who flew kites)

Cindy and Rod Thrall

Many volunteers and the WIND CHASERS!!! Go Windchasers!

I don't have my book with all the names in it, and they are misspelled something terrible. I'll bet I forgot some awesome fliers and builders. The line up was fantastic. Two days was not long enough. The crowd was interactive and appreciative.

I wonder if the flyers knew just how good they are.

I don't think kitefliers went any where without being recognized and congratulated. I heard whispers everywhere.. do you think they'd mind if I got their picture. ... Aww, let them eat!

Now where in the world can you see a line up like that?!

The word down the pipe line is that we are all invited back next year to do it again, only better. :)

Now, only a few more weekends of events before WSIKF! Woo Hoo~ Long Beach!!!

BB Penny ~who is open to help at Kite hill this weekend for the Family Mentor Program. It's all about kids and kites, not a show.