KiteLife Forum

Deception Pass Beach Park with TEAM SHADOW

Shultzie

My wife Carol, Annie the Demon Dog, "ME N' MY SHADOW" n' new SILVER FOX...took off for our 3 day annual trip to FRIDAY HARBOR...and decided to take a quick kite fix on the way home at Deception Pass Beach Park on Whidbey Island.

The weather was BEEEEUUUUTIFUL...BUT NOOOOOOO WIND 2 days out of the 3.

First day at Friday Harbor was winds from the south east around 8 to 12 and flew the new Silver Fox on South Beach and although this SF 2.5 UL is no lightweight....it flew extremely well and had a great time doing "woodwork ground work" among the HUGE AMOUNT OF WINTER STORM dead trees and limbs that litter'd my beautiful flying site. Wind was just right for doing some great 'wind paste stuff against many of the smoooooooooth white fire wood beach logs...(took pictures but haven't picked that roll of film up as yet.

THE NEXT TWO DAYS WERE DEAD DEAD DEAD CALM...MAX WIND round 2mph. SO THE SILVER FOX STAYED IN THE BAG..

SO IT WAS 'SHADOW TIME...ONCE MORE...

I have flown and worked with this beautiful little Shadows for a year now...and after adding a little extra tail weight and adding extra pig tail knots to the upper spreader line, this little HQ SHADOW was the best kite of choice for these two days. I flew with my new set 90 ft. 50lb. lines. In DEAD AIR..this little Shadow is a HOOT N' A HOLLER' bunch of fun.

I keep hearing folks claim that their stock bridle Shadow...doesn't like yo-yo-hooo's but with the added weight and extra adjustable knotted piggy tails..this little SHADOW out shadows both my old QPeee and new SL 2.5.

This Shadow will SPOIL U BIG KITE KRAZEE'S and have heard that many flyers feel this Shadow is too "Squirrleee',over steers and doesn't track that well...BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU after MAKING CERTAIN THAT THE BRIDLES ARE CAREFULLY MEASURED, RETIED..As well as TAKING CARE TO BALANCE THAT SAIL CAREFULLY. (MY LEFT WING PANEL WAS CONSIDERABLY HEAVIER that the right panel...due to the FUNKY WHITE FIBERGLASS stand off reinforcement stitching) and after all these refinements and adjustments, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THIS LITTLE 3/4 SIZED SHADOW WILL SURELY CAST A SHADOW over just about any kite in my bag and maybe yours? :)

Check out these two photos...and one close up that shows the Shadow details

post-3459-1217112379_thumb.jpg

post-3459-1217112534_thumb.jpg

untitled.bmp

post-3459-1217175286_thumb.jpg