KiteLife Forum

My first flight

Kouri1977

After months of deciding whether to buy a kite I was pleased to discover my new workmate is into kites. I ordered my Quantum and I got it about 2 months ago. I was quite busy with wedding plans at the time so couldn't fly at the weekend. Typhoons and general bad weather then decided to disrupt our plans for the last 3 weeks until yesterday when we had a beautiful day.

My friend and I met up in Yokohama and I took the lines of his kite and stayed in the air for about 10 seconds :D By the end of the day I got the hang of it and had a realy great time. People were stopping to watch us and I could hear many comments of approval. The sound the Quantum makes certainly got their attention :D

I didn't even break anything!

First flight

• 2 months later...

I have always been interested in prism kites, but was in some way turned off by the masses who flock to the kites. A vote for the underdog will come from me, but I have to admit when someone has a good product, like it or not. The truth is; I like my Quantum. It was the Quantum that made everything easy. All of the tricks I was trying to do on all of my other kites, but just not getting down. When I tried on the Quantum, it all just happened like someone was doing it for me.

Single hand input axles, axle take-offs, fade from ground. All without any effort or thought.

This is a first for all of these tricks. I have done a sloppy axle before, but not a clean one and not with consistency. I know this is all in the right kite and the right practice. I have seen Dodd’s video and the prism video. I also get help from my good friend Eddie.

I think the Quantum should be everyone’s first kite.

I am glad it was yours.