KiteLife Forum

Quad Tricks

Jynx

One of the forums indicated a youtube piece on the Jacobs ladder trick for a dual (

) Great piece and so easy to see both the kite action and hand controls. Great instructional piece.

I'm looking for the same type of instructional piece for quads, showing axels, fades, etc.

I'm a newbee and have a difficult time trying to learn from written instructions or CDs that show the kite action but little of the actual hand/handle movements along with the kite action (at the same time).

Wish there were more youtube-type pieces like the one above, for quads.

Anyone have any quad informational sites?

Thanks!

Colleen :P

One of the forums indicated a youtube piece on the Jacobs ladder trick for a dual (
) Great piece and so easy to see both the kite action and hand controls. Great instructional piece.

I'm looking for the same type of instructional piece for quads, showing axels, fades, etc.

I'm a newbee and have a difficult time trying to learn from written instructions or CDs that show the kite action but little of the actual hand/handle movements along with the kite action (at the same time).

Wish there were more youtube-type pieces like the one above, for quads.

Anyone have any quad informational sites?

Thanks!

Colleen :P

I think sometime in November r December, I will start making some tutorials to go on YouTube. Right now, I am only planning on doing indoor trick tutorials, then I will do some outdoor tutorials sometime in early summer.

• 2 weeks later...

John- Been on site, saw the videos, but as you know... I NEED MORE HELP! I'm getting there... slowly but surely! I hope the next time you make it to Milwaukee it'll be raining again and I can get a few (NO! alot more) tips from you! Keep smiling!

• 1 month later...

Mr. Watty,

As usual your videos are inspiring.

I'm constantly working on axles. Exiting the axle in reverse, sliding axles, axle take offs, etc...

You mentioned the Dive Stop Axle once. Maybe you can fix my problem with this one. The stop and initial axle motions work. But the Rev spins 180 so the LE toward me and the rotation stops. Haven't figured out how to recover from this. When the LE faces me the kite drops to the ground but comes at me. Any idea on how to fix it?

Dean

One thing that seems to make a big difference in performing an axel smoothly is to first pull the opposite hand, then do the main movement that causes that axel.

Example:

Let's say that you want to pull on the right hand to do a clockwise axel. When coming in from an inverted slide, begin the axel by giving a small tug on the left hand. This will loosen the kite up a bit. Then give a big pull on the right hand to begin the spin.

Also remember to keep as little wind in the sail as possible when performing the axel. Your lines should be loose, but not too loose. You still need to be able to back up in time to recover from the axel.

Here in a week or two I will be putting out another Windless With Watty video on axels. Even though the video will be indoors, the techniques can be incorporated outdoors.