KiteLife Forum

Mega Vent

harrier

We seem to be regularly flying in high winds here and many folk here either make or alter standard kites to deal with the higher loads, so, here is my 40% mesh quad.

I was trying for a decent wind range, so far only tried the low wind end of the range and that worked fine, another gale would be good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34AWCJtDsM

We seem to be regularly flying in high winds here and many folk here either make or alter standard kites to deal with the higher loads, so, here is my 40% mesh quad.

I was trying for a decent wind range, so far only tried the low wind end of the range and that worked fine, another gale would be good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34AWCJtDsM

Kewl video, Love the way the beginning was done. I'm confused by the "Maximum Speed" noted. Do you mean it was the maximum it can do, or the maximum it did?

Roger Maddy made a Rev out of mesh only and flew it in outrageous winds. I tried it, and didn't fair as well as he did. He actually had great control and could do floats, and everything. If I practiced with it, I'm sure I could to, but wow, even 40 mph zipped through it like it wasn't there.

BB Penny

Kewl video, Love the way the beginning was done. I'm confused by the "Maximum Speed" noted. Do you mean it was the maximum it can do, or the maximum it did?

Roger Maddy made a Rev out of mesh only and flew it in outrageous winds. I tried it, and didn't fair as well as he did. He actually had great control and could do floats, and everything. If I practiced with it, I'm sure I could to, but wow, even 40 mph zipped through it like it wasn't there.

BB Penny

Penny

The windspeed reference was to the maximum recorded while it was flying, the forecast was for 12 mph and thats just about what it was.

You are right about the wind going straight through, to be honest I was a bit bemused at the time, I could not believe how it was flying with next to no load at the handles, I was expecting it to fall out of the sky at times the load was so light.

Yeh Antman, hoping to try in much stronger wind soon. :rainbowwave: