KiteLife Forum

Windless With Watty

Spence Watson

Well, I don't want to call the second one the jump rope, because it is only part of the jump rope, and not the whole thing.

As for the videos, does your computer have speakers?Is the sound turned up on the speakers? Is the volume turned up on the computer? Is the volume turned up on YouTube? Is the computer on mute? Are your speakers plugged in? Are you able to hear other things from your computer?

I know some of the questions seem really stupid, but it happens. I'm able to hear things just fine.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't want to call the second one the jump rope, because it is only part of the jump rope, and not the whole thing.

As for the videos, does your computer have speakers?Is the sound turned up on the speakers? Is the volume turned up on the computer? Is the volume turned up on YouTube? Is the computer on mute? Are your speakers plugged in? Are you able to hear other things from your computer?

I know some of the questions seem really stupid, but it happens. I'm able to hear things just fine.

Watty

Now you need to make up official names and publish them. This has been done for dual line. After that comes the quadline Tricks Party format.

No problem. lol. Yes the volume was up and on. It worked when I tried it later. No worries. Good job on the video. Check it out Spence, Standing on the chair is easier then sitting on the chair to fly the indoor rev. :) More windless window. :D BB Penny ~who better get to work.

Well, the reason I call it a pancake is because in my mind, a flic-flak involves the kite becoming completely inverted, while a pancake involves the kite simply going flat (parallel to the floor). Plus, I have heard other people call it this.

Most things I don't really know the name to, so if I don't know the name, I just make it up. Like the pancake catch and axel catch, I just made up the names. I know, I know I'm pretty clever and original XD

We always made up our own names too. :D

My names for some of my moves like the guillotene and can can.. You just call them what you want.. maybe you'll make a new catch word. :)

BB Penny

I feel better knowing that you create names for your manuvers too. I thought I was the only one!

I have what I call the "Oh NO!", the "S**t", the "Braaaa-ther", the "How did I do that?", the "dang", the "What?", the "Huh?", and the "I give up I'm going home!" ...and a few more I'll keep to myself.

• 1 month later...

Totally awesome Spence!!

BB Penny

For those of you who don't know, I am making tutorial videos. These videos are all trick tutorials for flying a Revolution Kite indoors. Well, I just got the first one finished and uploaded for all of you to enjoy.

Toss and Catch:

Pancake:

Axel:

I will try to put a video out every or every other week, but I make no promises. Every time I come out with a new video, I will make a new post in this thread, as well as edit this post to keep all the tutorials in one convenient place.

missed this one in you toss&catch vid :P

Fantastic Wen,

I thought when I saw it, "Oh, that's kewl.. I do that sometimes."

If you do it once you know you can learn to do it.

Doing something on purpose and knowing how to do it are two different things. It takes practice.- physically and mentally challenging.

At the gym last night, I tried.. hahahaha Then I worked on trying to do it an inch off of the ground. Wow, those tips want to flip up. So.. I am waiting patiently... (patience means wait nicely)

Please, lets get that tutorial out there you two. BB Penny ~who loves watching the kids coming up and who can pancake now. Thanks Spence! ;)

;) i figured out the fade part the first few times i picked up a indoor rev but couldn't get it to spin, just recently i give it another try and it worked :P it looks great on long lines

Wen

I tried the fade at the gym today on my REV 2. It is easy to get to the fade. I still don't understand how you get out of it. But while playing with I can imagine a lot fancy things might be done from this position. It is like the fade on the dual line, platform for more moves.

Have you tried this outdoors. If you could spin a half turn in the you might be able to pull out from there. If you did then you are doing JL's with a REV. Then the REV has gone tricky. Or if you do a full spin it would be equivalent to a back spin. You might have started something here.

hmmm thats an idea :P i tried it a few times with no success but that was a long time ago

about getting out of the fade, i think the rev can't be too slanted, it's gotta be leaning back just a bit. kinda like a backflip on a dual.

or just keep trying. i don't even understand what i just said ;)

John,

I think what you are asking is how to toss the kite back after the fade. Is that right?

If so, After the fade, you are holding the kite by the LE with the Rev Logo and the lines away from you. Then you just sort of do like an under-hand toss with it, so that the kite is floating out with the lines and rev logo on the bottom, then the kite will end up inverted.

Does that make sense?

hmmm thats an idea :P i tried it a few times with no success but that was a long time ago

about getting out of the fade, i think the rev can't be too slanted, it's gotta be leaning back just a bit. kinda like a backflip on a dual.

or just keep trying. i don't even understand what i just said ;)

Wen

I hope you and your mom are coming to WSIKF this year so we can work on these things. I will let you know what progress I have had

John,

I think what you are asking is how to toss the kite back after the fade. Is that right?

If so, After the fade, you are holding the kite by the LE with the Rev Logo and the lines away from you. Then you just sort of do like an under-hand toss with it, so that the kite is floating out with the lines and rev logo on the bottom, then the kite will end up inverted.

Does that make sense?

A fade outside on long lines? So, you wouldn't catch it. Hmm...

BB Penny ~who's ;) waking up

• 3 weeks later...
Per Wen's request, the next video is now available on YouTube

Windless With Watty - Fade

Watty ~

Your teaching techniques are visually clear as well as easy to understand!

As usual you totally amaze me! Your future (or atleast a part of it) is written!

Your parents must be struttin' proud! I would be, and am!

Keep up the Great work!

SWeet!! it looks great Spence. I tried w/ two handles and didnt' get far. After seeing this, I'll have to try again. I was working w/ the single handle last night and I guess it was the fade. I'd to an overhead, pancake out keep a fade and pull it to me swoosh. it's as fast as the guilotene.

Looking forward to the next one.

BB Penny ~who's looking forward to your videos on guilotene, jumping and more.

SWeet!! it looks great Spence. I tried w/ two handles and didnt' get far. After seeing this, I'll have to try again. I was working w/ the single handle last night and I guess it was the fade. I'd to an overhead, pancake out keep a fade and pull it to me swoosh. it's as fast as the guilotene.

Looking forward to the next one.

BB Penny ~who's looking forward to your videos on guilotene, jumping and more.

My next three videos that I have planned do involve a lot of ducking and jumping. :clap;

• 1 month later...