KiteLife Forum

Indoor fighter ballet

John Barresi

Takako just shared this video link with me...

Really beautifully flying kite, I'm wondering about it's type and construction?

From the look of it, I'd really like to get my hands on one or two of these, assuming they can be broken down and rolled up.

Litsong or Wen, I imagine you'll know, since it was filmed at iSpace in Taiwan. ;)

allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From the look of it, I'd really like to get my hands on one or two of these, assuming they can be broken down and rolled up.

Litsong or Wen, I imagine you'll know, since it was filmed at iSpace in Taiwan. ;)

dear John:

wen just put them up as he moves along, will post the links soon.

This is done by Yeh, also known as Daryl as the first demo of the event (iSPACE 04, 11/30 2008 Zhu-Dong, our hometown)

Daryl (aka "ah-gui") was the first person to show me how to fly a single line controlable kite practicing slow and smooth control. He brought me into the gracefulness of windless kite flying.

I just reached the point of commissioning him for a set of 6 -10 demo /club kites (as i had done so with Shuan Jone's Flighter) and will promote his kites as a great toy for meditation in limited space.

He agreed to make an effort on it and we may get together next week for details.

The kites he will be making for the club kites, would meet the following criteria :

1. easy and sturdy (for carrying for travel, and for newbies to learn and enjoy with ease)

2. small enough that one can enjoy in daily life space such as living room, back yard or office.

3. affordable (club kites :under 40USD, intermediate and master level can be higher price and custom made)

One thing i can tell you is that he doesn't speak much English and can be pretty much shut off by it.

He really wants to go to indoor event overseas and share his flying, he travels with others to such occasions....

about his flying style, (he is making a business card) i just came up with the concept :"zen" flying.

I will be more then happy to connect you with Yeh, as i know he so wishes to be known and to share his flying.

(he first took me and Wen to a "swimming pool" for kite practice! where he also practice his canoe stunt!

back to your question: Yeh made his kites (with the design inspired by Master Lin, Sunny who is known for micro kite/glider)

yes it can be folded down and rolled into a handy tube, easy to stow away in the backpack as he often do so while traveling (flying in the airport).

structure wise, i am not ready to say more because i am no expert on that also i am not sure how he feels about me spelling it out.

i will pass your question to him and let him decide how he wants get on with this discussion.

well, from this angle you actually see me there hosting the event by the sound table.

the last event of our first year of iSPACE---

it's all good.

All understandable Litsong, thank you.

Question, when broken down, do you know if the glider is shorter or same length as a broken down Rev 1.5?

(an absolute must for my needs)

hahahaha, i know what you are thinking

of course it is smaller.

mine is 50cm in a sturdy tube!

i feel very comfortable traveling with it.

also, it is good to have a fishing reel/rod set (he also made one for me.)

so you can have a wide range of line adjustment in a split of second.

in your situation, i would imagine custom order (the size and design for your liking)

how about honey moon in Taiwan ? if so, the gift will be my honor to crown the passionate couple!

i dare you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"</param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is beautiful.

Fine, now I have to learn to fly a rev sitting in a chair? lol I'm going to try it. :wacko: BB Penny ~who will always be a dreamer.

Alas, once TK moves here we've got a 1-2 period before US Gov grants "adjustment of status", allowing her to travel outside the US and return... Unless we're granted a special probation, so remains to be seen.

Thank you, so much. ;)

hey, for you, a thousand times over.

ps: come over anytime (anytime when i am not away) just make sure you have days for visiting.

pps: if you come with Mr. Hoath, his wish is to visit the mandolin making master.

ah, Taiwan may be small, but we have loads of fun people with diverse talents.....

and i, happen to have good sensors.... oh, yes, good food, hot spring, .....

ppps:ok, ok---i know you have your heart set on rev clinic.

it looks like there is a bit of weight in the nose to get the kite to glide like that...just like a F.D. Skate has the coins in its nose....

with the decoration/reinforcement it is reminiscent of a WindFire designs photon fighter/mini serendipity! Very cool!!!!!!

i would love to hear more about this item as well!!!!!!!!

rob