KiteLife Forum

ok, can we compare ????

streetrat

The comparison is hard to make... The Alpha is a big strong kite capable of handling a lot of punishment but it also wont fly below 5mph. It is a very precise kite capable of some tricks and is actually a good starter kite, but it's pretty old school... The Quantum is also entry level but a newer design, it too is designed to absorb a lot of punishment, but I've broken one more than once. The Quantum is better at tricks and loves to be on its back but it is an absolute freight train when the wind is above 9mph and wont do anything but drag you around the field.

The bottom line on both is they're both an entry level kite with a lot of limitations, great to get started on, and will fondly look back upon, but as your skill increases, will need to move up. The time frame all depends on how much you fly.

Rat... A lot depends on what you want to do with a kite. Do you want to compete? Do you want a trick monster? Where you want to go will generate more and better responses. If you are limited by a budget, there are better options than these two. but again, where do you want to go?

hey fianally got some response :shifty: where do i want to go? good question, right now Im flying several diffrent makes/models trying to figure out whats goin on and how each one reacts and why, then maybe I can better understand and have some direction. after flying model airplanes 35 yrs and copters for the last 4 kites have opened up new horizons and like the models, need to figure out whats what-------BTW everytime ya screw a copter in its an automatic $75 ^_^ you can buy some pretty nice kites for 2-3 crashes!!!!!!---------------thanx for the info...cheers

Well, for two copter crashes I would recomend the Jack in The Box or the Easy from Level One Kites. Three copter crashes I would go with the STX 1.8 but for four copter crashes you are into the Big STX like 2.1 or 2.3, or Level One JTM or Atelier Transfer, but its gonna take 4 copter, 2 airplane crashes, 3 cans of fuel and 4 sets of R/C batteries to get into the Nirvana and the DFM. :shifty: