KiteLife Forum

Indoor Dual Line Manual

John F

I have an indoor how to manual for flying dual line kites. I originally received this from Bram in Holland. It was authored by Harold Slit. It was in Dutch. I did a rough translation and then tried to bring into some sort of readability in English. It is an excellent manual in content. Many manuevers are broken down into their component inputs.

I used it to learn how to fly indoors.

If you would like a copy please send me an email.

John B if you like to store a copy somewhere for free download, that would be great.

I have had permission from both Bram and Harold for free distribution of this.

I still have the original Dutch version for primary reference or for whoever would want to dive into the refinement of this document.

This is put out in the same spirit as Randy's tutorial, Watty's new efforts, and IQuad style of teaching. Share your knowledge.

John

PS The file is about 10MB

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
I think it could go in the same general area as Kite Lines / SKQ downloads, requiring only the basic (unpaid) forum registration to download... Willing to email it over? My account can handle it. :D

hi all i am looking for all the help i can get i have an inner space on it's way!!! any way i have flown an ozone so i knw what a flat spin looks like and it was the 1st kite to let me know that i had the side slide in me i have no idea what to expect from the IS or for that matter indoor style flying . any help would be appreciated ps i have PM'ed john about the manual as a start thanx KO

This has been on my to-do list for a while, but the translated dual line manual still needs a lot of work, imho...

Helluva thing getting it to where it is now via translation, but I need more for me to put it online here.

Mr. Farrell can email upon request however. :D

John, I agree that this manual needs work. I would be willing to do some work on it next winter when back home and getting a lot of gym time in. I am wondering if the best approach would not be along the lines of what Watty has done. Bunch of short YT clips with some voice over or text over. One of things I found is there a big difference in kites from the likes VIP to a Reflection. The breakdown in the manual could be an outline for a project of this sort.

Let me have some suggestions.

It seems that indoor flying is growing as people are exposed to it. I have sent out several of the manuals.

Btw the name is Farrell not Ferrell.

John

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Following on from John's translation posted above - In the last couple of weeks the author of "Indoor = No Wind = More Fun": Harold Slit, and myself, have been working on completing a new edition with a full translation into English, combining and editing some of Harold's translation work, a little new material, John's translation (thanks for letting us use this John) and some new translation from me.

It is posted on Bram's site at: www.flyingkites.nl . Please press on the button labeled "indoor" and choose the English version (or Dutch version if you prefer).

Best wishes,

Peter