KiteLife Forum

Single Line Manufacturers

Box Boy

I guess this more of a " just curious " question than anything else. I have noticed the past few times I have been on the site that the "Manufacturers Forum" is strictly quad and dual line kites. When I have gone to kite stores I have also seen that most single line kites are coming out of China these days. My question I guess would be, are there just not that many individuals or companys building single line any more? :) Hi everyone! I build cody kites ;)

I think the individuals are still out there, I'm just not sure whether they're hooked up for mass production and distribution. Many of the single lines I've seeing lately are being sold by the individual artists on their own websites. I have noticed that Sky Dog Kites has a nice assortment of single liners.

when i worked in a shop we made sure that we were bringing in kites that were one off kites direct from the makers....

personally i still believe in this practice.....(and keep this practice going ;) )

What makers were you looking for -any specific? there is a website out there that is selling kites direct from the kite makers....no mass produced kite designs need apply....

good winds

rob

B) Rob! Good to hear from you, not too long ago I talked to you on the phone because I was ordering 505 rods for a cody I was building at the time. I am not looking for a builder I am just remembering that there was a time when there were more single line builders kites in stores than anything else, that seems to have all changed around. Got room for an 8 foot Extended Wing Cody in that store? ;)

I meant to add this to my last post but found it was too large

Thats one Very nice looking cody Box boy,

it's a shame I'm the other side of the pond otherwise I'd be on your tail for one of those.

I was told Gomberg have now got a forum on their site. hoping that individual artists get on there.

It is very awkward to know what is out there unless you have the funds to travel around the world to the different festivals.

someone earlier mentioned a website that advertising individual builders kites for sale could you or they post the address please.

B) Rob! Good to hear from you, not too long ago I talked to you on the phone because I was ordering 505 rods for a cody I was building at the time. I am not looking for a builder I am just remembering that there was a time when there were more single line builders kites in stores than anything else, that seems to have all changed around. Got room for an 8 foot Extended Wing Cody in that store? ;)

Hey Rick

not certain who you were talking to- not me....

the shop that i used to work at closed in dec. 2005....

but...you and i were going back and forth on fb..........

if you are looking to sell a cody or two drop me a line backside of the forum!

Good winds

rob

Rob, sorry but I saw your name along with being with a store and mistook you for someone I know at Goodwinds kites, did you get the information I suggested on building a cody? The kite in the picture does not have the Top Sail installed as yet but once it is finished it will be going to Wales which is the reason for the dragons on each wing (the Welsh flag dragons) so building cody kites for folks outside the U.S. is not a problem. As far as size is concerned I prefer building the size cody in the photo which is 8 feet side to side but I do build an Extended Wing that is just under 14 feet from wing tip to wing tip.

John, if you are reading this, I need to contact you about something I would like to do and I get an error message when I use your contact mail.

Hey Rick! no worries!

Dang Ceri is getting on heck of a nice cody!!!!!

yes..i might need to wrangle one of these from your hands.........

cody build info? i do not think i did....hmm..... can you resend it? fb or email?

thanks

good winds

r

Rob, sorry but I saw your name along with being with a store and mistook you for someone I know at Goodwinds kites, did you get the information I suggested on building a cody? The kite in the picture does not have the Top Sail installed as yet but once it is finished it will be going to Wales which is the reason for the dragons on each wing (the Welsh flag dragons) so building cody kites for folks outside the U.S. is not a problem. As far as size is concerned I prefer building the size cody in the photo which is 8 feet side to side but I do build an Extended Wing that is just under 14 feet from wing tip to wing tip.

John, if you are reading this, I need to contact you about something I would like to do and I get an error message when I use your contact mail.

Rick, email is working a-ok... info@ or webmaster@

You know, kitelife.com ;)

Hugh Andrew

1 Clifton Park Rd

Clifton

BRISTOL BS8 3BP

UK

If you are at all interested in building a traditional cody War or Extended Wing kite or if you would just like to have some good history and photos of S. F. Cody on CD this is the person to contact. He charges $25. U.S. for the CD and the last I talked to him cash is acceptable. I personally have no connection with Hugh but I do have the CD and suggest it if you have any interest at all.

John, I will give the webmaster contact email another try but for some reason I have almost always had trouble with those emails, I get some sort of "Pop" error.

Nice kites Boxboy. Who do you work for or worked for? Brown army?

CD sounds interesting.

Anybody gonna get it?

;) My "Brown" sisters and "Brown" brothers did not always get along ... but that was years ago ... Huh? B) Thanks for the kind remarks about the cody kite.