KiteLife Forum

Flic Flacs in high wind

JoneZ

If you care to watch my latest video "Toolin around, practicing tricks." on my profile (or >>HERE<< if it isnt on there yet), you'll see at certain points that Im trying to pull off some flic flacs -- which I generally don't have a hard time with, as that was one of the first tricks I learned. The winds were biting strong yesterday (about 18-25Mph). Every time I flared, then tried to pop to a fade, the fade would awe and my kite would recover (a few times on the vid @ 40sec, 1min15sec, 1min25sec just for a few examples). Man, I was running forward big time to get the slack needed for the trick, but regardless of the slack given, it would still veer off course when pulling into the fade position, and recover.

Is this typical in high wind situations? I was trying them near the top-center of the window.

My concern is, that perhaps my tristar bridle setup is interfering, as I've not tried this setup on lighter winds.

Every other trick seemed to be pulled off fine (except yoyo's as you'll no doubtedly see in the video -- still getting the feel for the setup and recovery) except for the flicy flacy goodness. :(

**edit**

I did have my 10.4oz weight on my tail as well to help with the wind, and yoyos.

meh... I would say mediocre at best (the flying that is, filming was great indeed m8). Those failed flic flacs and yoyo's really ruin the enjoyability factor of that vid imho (wait... that wasnt a very humble statement.. scratch that H).

Im gonna head out today and flic my ass till its flac'd out. Hopefully it's just a high wind issue, and not a bridle setup issue.

Great flying especially in high wind. I might also add the filming was phenominal :(

USE the edge of the window young Jedi it`s your ;)

the later half was good to watch,,,, man at 5 min you missed the slide BIG style

uneven flare to fade ,,, to much center wind.....

Pm Tom Patters on FA watch his VF11 for the F Flacks or check out the stickies section on prism forum good advice