KiteLife Forum

im new here, how ya all doing!

ripit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Kitelife Ripit.

So, you want to be a kitebuilder eh. I myself have recently begun building my own as well. Only been makeing single line kite up to now, but I just complete a dual line ultra-light indoor kite. haven't flown it yet though, but hopefully by the weekend I can test it.

Cheers,

P.

• 1 month later...

hey, I said twice hi. B) Put it down to a week of fever that's still going.

Kewl Ford.

Have you ever seen the cody mass assension at WSIKF at Long Beach?

Do you know the history of cody's?

Hey, a collapsable cody in the movie "Water World" wasn't such a stretch since one really did pull a boat across the english channel.

So Carl, we'll see you in the mass assension at Long Beach. If you have more then 2 cody's call me, I'll fly one for you. Unless............. are you planning on flying 3 at one time? :rolleyes:

BB

Penny

:huh:B) WOW, she is some tuff lady!! Let me take just a moment to say A GREAT BIG HELLO to my new and bestest friend PENNY! (you know with that attatude you have you and I could raise some _ _ _ _ around here.

By the way I have seen a cody fly or two and at one time I knew a little bit about Cody's history although with the passing of time some of that history has been proven wrong (nothing to do with the kites just the man himself).

Once again "HELLO, TO MY NEW FRIEND Penny, no hard feelings I hope. :rolleyes:

Hey Rick,

I found my error, I said hi to Ford here in the new post and then on the second post thought Rick was him.

It is a small world. I met Rick Rick many years ago, and he's always been the first name on the tip of my tounge when I think cody's. So~ I won't call him an old man... cause he'd do the same to me. :rolleyes: But we shall exchange kite strings!!! Glad to see you around!

Fort Worden is here!

BB Penny

B) Somehow I was afraid there was someone out there lerking, just a feeling!

I am expecting a full report from Penny when she gets back about all the single line stuff she made and what she is going to do with it.

Hey Progcraft have you ever built a cody? maybe we could start our own Ft. Worden right here and she will miss out on all the good stuff while she is gone. :rolleyes:

No I haven't built one yet.

I will, but not for a while. It's one of those kites I would like to spend a lot of time on and get it just right.

But, now that you mention it, a Cody would be a great candidate for an on-line kite building project.

I'm spending most of my time right now building a 105 kite, triple pyrimid stack, arch. :huh: (You'll be able to read all about it in the next issue of kitelife :) )

A lot of the people at kitebuilder have gone to Fort Worden this weekend. I'l looking forward to seeing a ton of new kites and hearing a bunch of great stories. I hope John can get an article (from someone) about it into the next issue.

P.

Well, seems like we have our share of confusion around here. I probably started that somehow. :P

I'm not going to Fort Worden. :) I would like to go just to visit. I'm just a kite flyer unless I'm making kites w/friends. Non-sew preferably. I do like to make Pauly Berards (sp) stack of miniature indoor eddy's. But I don't own a hot gun, and my scissors are not sharp, so they look a little raggedy.

Now, what am I missing, besides two weeks of flying while I"m sick?

Come on you lerkers... speak up.

Kewl, are you making like a tetrahedral stack of 105 kites? :huh:

We should get a little preview.

BB Penny

:rolleyes:Penny you are still there, have you been lerking with Progcraft?

I have taught my share or classes on building a cody but doing it here sounds like a real challenge, I am not sure I would know where to start .... first buy lots of fabric and a metric ruler ... Let me know what size kite we are talking about, 4 foot or bigger. :huh:

Kewl, are you making like a tetrahedral stack of 105 kites? :huh:

We should get a little preview.

This is arch #1 of the tri-stack Crazy Eddy arch pyrimid:

Crazy_Eddy_0103sm.JPG

There are 35 kites in the arch. Each arch will have 35 kites for a total of 1-5 kites. I don't want to give away to much though as there will be an article about in in the next kitelife. I will say though it is being contribute to by people from all over North America :) The plans for the arch changed after I submitted my Kitelife article, but that's all part of the project :P

Cheers,

P.

ps. There's more pictures here:

Crazy Eddy kite arch

• 2 weeks later...
:huh: Hey Progcraft those are some GREAT pictures!! Just wanted to know though, I don't see any boxes on those kites, where did the boxes go??? Hello Penny, how are you doing? come visit us sometime at www.oregonkiteclub.com site sometime, we are pretty peaceful creatures with moss between our toes, just ask Mr. Gomberg, the head moss grower :)

Sure and you missed your chance to indoor fly at Lincoln City. It was awseome! The Parks were great. Fantastic costumes, new routines, and my guys from here did a fantastic job. Lots of lessons for all ages too. Hopefully Sandy Pfaff from Lincoln city will write an article for Kitelife w/pictures.

It will be a while before I can get back to Ore. Time to start working on some outdoor routines. Problem is when I think of outdoor routines, I think of show instead of competitions. I can't seem to mesh the two together. :huh:

Moss is softer then grass. Why can't we have yards of moss? I don't understand why moss is frowned on. Why? Anyone know?

BB

Penny

:huh: Hey Progcraft those are some GREAT pictures!! Just wanted to know though, I don't see any boxes on those kites, where did the boxes go??? Hello Penny, how are you doing? come visit us sometime at www.oregonkiteclub.com site sometime, we are pretty peaceful creatures with moss between our toes, just ask Mr. Gomberg, the head moss grower :)

Eh?!? What boxes are you refeering to? I don't follow you (but I'm sure your makeing some sort of joke) :P

P.

So Carl, we'll see you in the mass assension at Long Beach.  If you have more then 2 cody's call me, I'll fly one for you.  Unless............. are you planning on flying 3 at one time?  :huh:

Hmmm...3 at a time? Now you have me thinking! Well, this one Rick is sending will be 2, so... I wonder if I can get my arms far enough apart to fly 3? :) ouch.

see ya'll at the mass ascension!

-Carl

Time to start working on some outdoor routines. 

Moss is softer then grass.  Why can't we have yards of moss? 

:huh: Speaking of routines... <_<

I need to get my (you-know-what) together and get some new routines down. Shoot, I have a month before my first spring gig and nothing new. Got a few new tails, but lots more to sew.... ARRRGH! where did the winter go? -Guess all that moss grew on my feet! :)

-Carl

:rolleyes: GEEEEZ! Let me see if I can handle this all in one setting .... Progcarft: you have to understand that I only know one kind of kite, is there anything other than a cody? Your codys in the pictures don't have any boxes .... what is up with that? Hello Penny, what do you mean you aren't coming back to Oregon this year, where else can anyone fly kites? Carl, the first time I see you flying one of my codys with two lines I may have to revoke your privalages , I may just have a Cowdy with your name on it and he is mean. :lol:

Down Rick, down.. :) Carl is talented enough to hold one cody in one hand and another in the other. and at least one off of each foot. As single lines. Heck, he might even attach two to his knees. :P He's just that good. :lol:

I pretty much have to go to Ore. to buggy, though I might try to sneak by at Ocean shores.

Well, off to work for me. You all have a good day. :rolleyes:

BB Penny