KiteLife Forum

im new here, how ya all doing!

ripit

Down Rick, down..  Carl is talented enough to hold one cody in one hand and another in the other. and at least one off of each foot. As single lines. Heck, he might even attach two to his knees.  He's just that good. 

Well thank you for the vote of confidence Penny! :rolleyes: But lets not get too hasty here... If I work this right, I just might get that cowdy yet! :lol: A Cody stunt kite you say??? hmmm <_< <_< ...could be done.

-Carl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the boxed quad that Dick Curren Made? His handles were long sticks which befit his Rip Van Winkle (sp) good looks.

Now this big box quad flew like a quad, except everything was backwards. I don't think I can even explain it's functions, but it was fun and entertaining. You never know what to expect from Dick or his wife Georgean for that matter. :lol:

But careful a cody maker doesn't get upset over changing his creation... Those cody makers can be mean varmits. :) And like any kitemaker feel the need to be true to their kites.

Come on Carl, you can fly lots of Cody's at once. Don't be shy. Lisa and I can hand them to you while you stabilize them. We can tie you to a goal post in a field so you don't take off. Or we could attach a camera to you and experiment with some kite ariel photography. :rolleyes:

Oh, dear... I'm actually pictureing this. ok... I better get out of here. lol

BB

Did you see the boxed quad that Dick Curren Made? His handles were long sticks which befit his Rip Van Winkle (sp) good looks.

I never saw that. Sounds like a Curren creation tho-! :rolleyes:

But careful a cody maker doesn't get upset over changing his creation... Those cody makers can be mean varmits.

Rick only looks mean! Besides he's old, and I am fat. We couldn't go at it in a fight for very long! :lol:

Come on Carl, you can fly lots of Cody's at once. Don't be shy. Lisa and I can hand them to you while you stabilize them. We can tie you to a goal post in a field so you don't take off.

So what's the record? and again... do I really need an anchor? :)

-done painting for the day. Back to the sewing... grrr

-Carl

:rolleyes: Okay let me see if I have this straight, I am old, I am set in my ways and I can't go more than two rounds in a fight .... sounds like I have lost all my friends and supporters here, guess it is time for me to move on :lol:

Carl I AM IMPRESSED! Sounds like they are saying that you can fly at least six codys at the same time, Penny come give me a hand and we will hook him up to six 8 footers and see just how good he is with a camera from say around 200 feet, I am liking this idea, maybe Carl could even hold his new cody (the seventh kite) with his teeth, I WANNA SEE THIS!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Kewl, are you making like a tetrahedral stack of 105 kites? ;)

We should get a little preview.

This is arch #1 of the tri-stack Crazy Eddy arch pyrimid:

Crazy_Eddy_0103sm.JPG

There are 35 kites in the arch. Each arch will have 35 kites for a total of 1-5 kites. I don't want to give away to much though as there will be an article about in in the next kitelife. I will say though it is being contribute to by people from all over North America :) The plans for the arch changed after I submitted my Kitelife article, but that's all part of the project :D

Cheers,

P.

ps. There's more pictures here:

Crazy Eddy kite arch

Hi all First post here just found this place...thanks Progcraft!

you know I think I see my kite in there!!!!!!!

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, I heard about what John has assembled here at Kitelife and wanted to stay in touch with all the VALUABLE friends i've had over the years...I miss you all! :)

...and we miss you too Froggie. Ever think about taking up the mic again? :pinch: or even just coming out to a festival? We'd love to have you back! It hasn't been the same since you disappeared! :D

-LLamaguy to some, "hey you" to most.

I am like, so honored I could pee my pants!

Thank you... but pleeeze don't do that in MY pond! :)

Sorry, no to Brookings..............WSIKF...?

Me croaking is done...but my smiles are for you all! :D The lilly's are so comfortable and I do wish to share what I can.... any of you can and stop by to visit.... since I can be on the way to the LC coastal region...hmm....maybe this summer I could throw a BIG BBQ near my ponds and we could have a colorful time of it! :pinch:

:) Okay, Stop, Hold On, Wait just a minute!!! Llamafeller is getting chicks and I am not, does Llamafellers wife know about this? Because I am not afraid to tell her! I still have to ask the question one mere time (I just can't believe it) Llamafeller IS GETTING ALL THE CHICKS? I'm sorry but I am just having a hard time understanding this, Penny Help Me!!!! :pinch:

Rick, I'm just as confused as you. Maybe more so. Underleaf? Is Rick T.? And Eagle azure is that you Steve O?

They probably won't tell us. They like it when were confused. ;)

It all sounds good. Except for the missing Brookings part. That's to bad. :(

John's 1st WSIKF :pinch: Tell Doc I said hello. B) But I should warn you John.........

If Doc meets a blonde, or a red head... or well, a woman.... :w00t: he may forget about the event till it blows over.

We were ready to call his parents one year when he was coming up to a fun fly.... and disappeared off the face of the earth for about a week! I just knew it was a blonde.... but if memory serves me.. :( it was a red head..... Ask him about it on the road trip. :D It's a bit of an interesting story. :) And you might learn something. Your going to have a fun trip!

BB

Penny

Well, he can fly 3 kites at once...  :pinch:

Hey! I dont get chicks! Look what Eaglebreath started! :D Only my dear Lisa would have this tattooed and portly multi-kite flyer... and I am grateful for that!

Sheesh!

-now... where's the Kitelife @ WSIKF beer and BBQ going to be :) ??

Everyone should also come to the AOK BBQ Thursday night of WSIKF at the Heritage Museum in Ilwaco. I do the BBQ-ing... but dont let that scare you off. I will probably wash my hands earlier that week. :(

L-guy

Boy..........that Leetle Ant sure panics easyly :w00t:

Penny, your such a darling :( It sure has been nice to see you smiling so much over these last few years :D

Portly? Llamaman...can't be that bad.......... I call it age...getting older, as it happens to me and my buddy Eagleazure! Opps.... :pinch:

John....your the smartist one here.... :) you keep us thinking of kites!

I am considering going to WSIKF, maybe on THUR for the day, i can get off one day at least... I really wish to say hi to many!

Leetle Bluuuu Ant...... hey watch out for the rain drops.....I can see why you moved to Florence (banana belt of OR)

John....your the smartist one here.... :pinch: you keep us thinking of kites!

Hey Rick... I've stuck with kite flying for 14 years now :) because in and of itself, it is after all a neutral and universal past time with nothing to bring but the outdoors, beauty, health and joy.

You guys (all of you, even those not here on the forum) helped to raise me into someone I believe in and am very proud of... With little confusion in that. :w00t:

The least I can do is try to continually imbibe the peace we all find in kiting at one time or another into everything you experience in the Kitelife world... Not that mushy stuff, but real practical clarity... One day at a time, one step at a time. :(

Love you all dearly! :D

:w00t: Okay after reading through all this stuff I have our BBQ problems all figured out at no cost to us except for possibly the beer! The KiteLife BBQ at WSIKF will be on Thursday night just to the left and behind the hedge of where ever Llamafeller is flipping burgers. Bring your own folding chairs and paper plates. I am still working on that beer problem, there has to be a way around that one too. :w00t:

It's horrid when you can't be there all week. :angry:

We are going to miss so much :w00t:

You have to work on the weekend too? Heehheee I always just camp in my van... uh leaky van. :wacko: .. so while your praying for wind... pray for dry skies, too. :D

Best Breezes, and good night... going to go dress shopping tomorrow... I'm matron of honor at a kite wedding! :w00t: To kewl!

Penny