KiteLife Forum

Help with kite description

LynnT

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and it looks like there is a lot of great info here, I'm looking forward to a lot of reading. :)

I do have a question - I would like to know if anyone can identify this kite? I don't have any info and there are no tags on it.

thanks for any help.

LynnT

post-4201-1239503591_thumb.jpg

Looks similar to a Cheetah

g16.jpg

This one is from Wind Toys

Don't think it is a Cheetah I have one (my very first kite) and the Cheetah is a lot bigger than this kite. but thanks :) Would it help if I gave measurements and set the kite up completely?

Probably not Lynn, but couldn't hurt I suppose...

My guess is that it's an obscure product that was made outside of the main kiting community, or a home built that was resold.

Can I ask how you came to have it? (not a loaded question - just trying to place the kite)

Probably not Lynn, but couldn't hurt I suppose...

My guess is that it's an obscure product that was made outside of the main kiting community, or a home built that was resold.

Can I ask how you came to have it? (not a loaded question - just trying to place the kite)

Bought it for my daughter probably in 1993 at Cloud Nine kite shop at Ocean Shores, WA. I know it's not a home built but for the life of me cannot remember. :D I see I was getting help from the cat in the picture, and you can tell the kite has had some use (horrible patch jobs). :)

Anyway thanks for any help

post-4201-1239571889_thumb.jpg

My guess is that it's a "generic" kite, may not be able to track down the brand or model.

Thanks Kitelife.

OOps forgot to mention that the wingspan is 57" and nose to tail is 30" so that will put picture into perspective.

It's an "Sky Dart" made by Action Kites in San Diego in the 80's. John Peruse owned the company and had the sewing crew at Hyperkites make the sails.

Other Kites from Action Kites included: Fire Dart (Flown by Chicago Fire), Star Dart, Sky Dart, Avenger 2.0, Avenger 8.0