KiteLife Forum

Wildwood International Kite Festival: May 22nd - 25th

Aerochic

The Wildwood Kite Festival is swiftly approaching again, and if you live on the East Coast/US this is a MUST ATTEND!!! ;D Seriously, it's too good of a time to miss!

All details and registrations can be found at Sky Festival Production's website: http://www.skyfestivals.com/

While I was searching around, I found this neat video done by Alive Archives. A Wildwood retrospective on sport kiting that goes from 1986-2003. It's dualie centric because of the annual competitions held there, but at the halfway mark is the introduction of this silly lookin thing called a Revolution! Gasp! Lee Sedgewick is all over this vid (and other kiting luminaries), and I'm wondering if that's JB toward the end? It's interesting to watch the kiting world evolve. If you have 28 minutes to spare, I think you'll enjoy this!

http://web.mac.com/oparadis/www.AliveArchi...w_and_Then.html

It's interesting to watch the kiting world evolve.

Thanks for posting Aero.

It's a very different style of sport over your side of the pond - a different kind of fun

1988 "you spin me round" for instance ;)

I'll keep watching when I have the time :)

It's a very different style of sport over your side of the pond - a different kind of fun 1988 "you spin me round" for instance ;)

I'll keep watching when I have the time :)

Glad you enjoyed the video! I thought it was a very interesting time capsule.

I totally missed out on those kinds of stunt theatrics! I had gotten into dualies in the 90's just as my local kite club was disbanding due to some of the members moving to Florida. Still... I never knew they were doing that kind of crazy stuff! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Heya Folks,

I'll be at the Festival with some goodies for sale! I created a few of these stakes for my personal use last year and have been real pleased with them since, so I decided to make them available to the Community. ;) Each stake is 10 inch steel and has a very sturdy colorful hard clay handle made entirely by hand. If you can't make the festival and are interested, I will be offering these on my website shortly. I will be happy to do custom colors if you request it. :)

post-2657-1242408310_thumb.jpgpost-2657-1242411714_thumb.jpg

...just look for the long haired short lady with either a hawaiian print visor or a hat with a beaded brim. You'll find me camped out with the Rev Fliers. :)