KiteLife Forum

Well you guys talked me into it...

rm25x

I stumbled on a video on youtube last night where they were doing sport kit flying. Really caught my interest. Watched more video's and read up as much as I could about different models, sizes etc. and decided on a Flying Wings Acrobatx. Just placed my order with A Wind Of Change who I also saw on this forum helping some people out, and I like to see that from a company having my own business and all.

Anyways, I am as excited as the school nerd that gets to go out with the prom queen haha

I know I have lots more to read, and I have to work on my stalls first thing ;)

Thanks for all the help on this forum, there's lots of great information here.

Rob

I stumbled on a video on youtube last night where they were doing sport kit flying. Really caught my interest. Watched more video's and read up as much as I could about different models, sizes etc. and decided on a Flying Wings Acrobatx. Just placed my order with A Wind Of Change who I also saw on this forum helping some people out, and I like to see that from a company having my own business and all.

Anyways, I am as excited as the school nerd that gets to go out with the prom queen haha

I know I have lots more to read, and I have to work on my stalls first thing :)

Thanks for all the help on this forum, there's lots of great information here.

Rob

All in one day?!? Jeeeez...talk about jumpin' in with both wings! ;)

Thank you for the order, your kite is on its way and you should be up in the air within minutes....ok, maybe shipping will take a little longer than you are use to doing things. LOL

Actually the kite will be there as fast as UPS can get it to you. ;)

As for help, this forum is an awesome place to go when you need info. There are tons of pilots here that are just waiting to help you out. It does take time to learn so be patient and most of all, have fun. Once you get the basics down don't forget to breeze by Randy G's sportkite blog.

Welcome to the world of kite flying and I hope you find it as enjoying as all of us do.

Welcome Rob......this kite thing is addictive. I have an Acrobatx.....been flying since February. You do know, that One kite is not enough. You will find that out soon enough.Enjoy! You are now about to join a group of people who march to the beat of a different drum. ;)

Welcome Rob......this kite thing is addictive. I have an Acrobatx.....been flying since February. You do know, that One kite is not enough. You will find that out soon enough.Enjoy! You are now about to join a group of people who march to the beat of a different drum. ;)

No truer words have be written! ;D

Enjoy the Acrobatx Rob and Congratulations!!! I don't want to be a pushy quadliner, but I used to feel the same way about Revs... until I tried one. The rest is Total Addiction History.

Regardless of how many lines you fly on, you'll find this forum is an excellent place filled with great folks!

It's cool, I love both dearly... It's about flying. :wub:

I see "Great Lakes" in your signature, any chance you'll be at the Grand Haven MI event May 16-17?

Great examples of all things kiting there, the fliers are friendly and accessible for tips and fun.

I don't have plans to be, but I do plan on going to East Tawas on May 30/31st for the beach fly.

Welcome Rob......this kite thing is addictive. I have an Acrobatx.....been flying since February. You do know, that One kite is not enough. You will find that out soon enough.Enjoy! You are now about to join a group of people who march to the beat of a different drum. :wub:

No truer words have be written! ;D

Enjoy the Acrobatx Rob and Congratulations!!! I don't want to be a pushy quadliner, but I used to feel the same way about Revs... until I tried one. The rest is Total Addiction History.

Regardless of how many lines you fly on, you'll find this forum is an excellent place filled with great folks!

Thanks for the welcome.

I guess to me a rev would be like a moped, sure its fun but you don't want to be seen in public on one! haha I am just kidding.

Who knows, I may try it and like it as well!

Now if UPS would hurry up with my kite I will be all set. Monday is the lucky day.

Some fun dual line vids...

(old school flying)

(pure trick flying)

(mix of both)

(AWESOME team flying)

Some quad stuff...

(indoor)

(street flying)

(killer mega fly)

(my team in England)

No particular reason for posting, just thought it might tickle you on both fronts.

The possibilities are infinite, no matter what you fly. :wub:

Always a pleasure to watch. :w00t: Have not seen the dual line team fly before. That one was great. :w00t:

The Sea Devil promo had different music. Was there a reason for that? :w00t:

Every time I go to fly I think I am getting better, until I watch these videos. :wub:

I guess the bar can always be set a little higher, and that is why we keep going out there. :w00t:

Some good vids, thanks for sharing.

Are you from the metro Detroit area?

I am just east of Flint actually.

Tried to fly yesterday, but the wind wasn't very good. Lots of gusts, and kept blowing in different directions so I gave up to wait for a better day.