KiteLife Forum

Nashville kite fliers?

Upnet

Anybody fly in Nashville or the surrounding area? Have kites...Will Travel.

Not sure how close they live to Nashville but Mel and Scott live in Tennessee. Don't know if they come on kitelife but you can post on the rev forum to reach them.

• 1 month later...

Goodlettsville.

I bought my kite in Florida. When do we have good enough wind to fly? Should I be near a lake?

Jay

Goodlettsville, TN

Hi Jay...I fly in Gallatin, next to the Gallatin Civic Center. What kite did you buy? Winds inland are shifty...not like at the beach. Sanders Ferry Park in Hendersonville, has some small areas. Maybe a school football field near you? Send me a PM (with phone number) if you want to hook up.

Chris

I tried flying at Moss Wright Park. The wind got the kite in the air but I think the wind changed and knocked it out of the sky. I am flying New Tech Detonator. Its a dual line.

Jay

• 7 years later...

I am in Murfreesboro. I usually go to Gateway Island. I have been looking for places on aerial maps around Nashville. I have a list, just need to get out and check them out. Also have been scoping out churches with open area next to them. They usually keep the grass cut in the summer time. I have several dual line kites, which haven't all been in the air yet. Two Revolution kites that seem to crash more than fly...but that will change in time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, konsman said:

I am in Murfreesboro. I usually go to Gateway Island. I have been looking for places on aerial maps around Nashville. I have a list, just need to get out and check them out. Also have been scoping out churches with open area next to them. They usually keep the grass cut in the summer time. I have several dual line kites, which haven't all been in the air yet. Two Revolution kites that seem to crash more than fly...but that will change in time. 

Keep em in the air, it just keeps getting better.  I smiled when you mentioned kites not yet flown.  After just over four years of more active flying I still have kites I have not yet flown.   Seems they just keep coming to the Kite Dungeon.  SHBKF

gallery_7709_404_1667391.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, konsman. Welcome to the forum. There's a tab at the top of the page that says "Map". You can check for other flyers in your area, or just hang in there a while and someone will chime in. You can send a PM to those you find to see if they are still active.

Good luck and keep on flying.

P.S. -- If you will be in the Chicago area anytime, let us know. Looking forward to flying with you some day.

10 hours ago, konsman said:

I do want to see the cloud gate in Chicago, and the city. It is the windy city after all. 

The windy part of "Windy City" is actually a reference to its politics and politicians. The winds are typical Midwest garbage, much like what you get in TN most of the time, unless you fly a beach on Lake Michigan on an east wind. Most of the time, it's lumpy, bumpy and shifty, occasionally as much as 180 degrees.

If you get up this way, (preferably during the warmer months), send me a PM before you head out and I will make a point of joining you for some flying.