KiteLife Forum

Jon's Misfortunes

JoneZ

Back in the day, when I was into extreme rollerblading and BMX biking, We always rode around with this kid names Lee.

Lee was the most unlucky guy that we all knew. He was always the one to bail on a jump, or bake face first into the cement, or somehow break off a tooth in his gears. Anything that could happen to him, eventually did happen to him.

We decided to get some pictures together in a book: Lee's Misfortunes. We gave it to him as an Xmas gift one year. Good Times. :)

To Honor that spirit, I am starting "Jons Misfortunes":: A Chronicle of my own personal Kite Deaths. Lets face it, I've had a lot. And this one that just happened is what prompted me to start this.

--I was practicing a few different tricks out on a high school field today -- Some Jacobs ladders (now that I've actually got the feel for the movements), tip stabs, coin toss, and some yoyo action. Well during my coin toss practicing, I ended up taking the walk of shame. I grabbed my kite, and was walking it forward to gain some ground that I had lost, when my leg bumped up against my leading edge, and it broke like a waffle cone inbetween a pair of fingers.

I laughed,, then laughed some more when I thought of our old friend Lee, and seeing his face all road rashed from doing a front endo onto asphault. If that hadn't popped into my mind I think I would have been a little more irritated.

I wish you could cue up music in this forum. Just think of some goofy clown music while reading.

Heres the broken Leading edge from todays misfortune.

imgp1028.jpg

imgp1032s.jpg

Heres one from way back when my old Quantum met his match with a picnic table:

hpim4010.jpg

Heres when my new Quantum met its match with my Wife-to-be

imgp0936.jpg

imgp0937.jpg

More to Follow Im sure.

Til Next time!!

~Jon