KiteLife Forum

MAYHEM AT THE PARK !!

mattiefrank

Well,today was my day off and, glory be, THE BREEZE WAS STEADY.

So i grab the symphony and,the E2.

I have decided to sell off some golf clubs,to finance my kite addiction.

While going thru the clubs,I FIND A BOOMERANG I HAVENT THROWN IN 15 YEARS.

I take it to the park with me.

I go to a different park than i usually do.

While i have the e2 in the air,i become surrounded by a group of BADA** KIDS.

Next thing i know one of the kids has my boomerang and,throws it about half a mile straight up.

the wind catches it and,it starts divebombing at a angle and, i mean its boogeying.

I start screaming - WATCH OUT,WATCH OUT.

This guy is walking his dog. YOU GUESSED IT KAPOW. RIGHT ON TOPPA THE HEAD.

Down gos frazier. this guy dropped like he was poleaxed.

people are looking around,im trying to land this E2 and,get to my symphony,

cause some kid has the bag open,digging in it,like it was his.

When i land the kite and,turn around,the guy has stood up,puts his hand to his head.THEN HE TAKES OFF HIS WHITE T SHIRT,HOLDS IT TO HIS HEAD,IT TURNS RED.His scalp is opened up

BY now im telling the kids,get the eff outta that bag,put that the eff down,

im calling the guy,HEY MISTER,HEY MISTER. He grabs his dog,sprints to his car and,hauls.

I get my stuff together and,one of the older folks in the corner tells me ,that was ernie,he walks his dog here everyday. I ask,where is the nearest hospital,i go there NO ERNIE.

So i tell the cop in the E.R.,my tale of woe. He tells me to go down to the district,file a report. im just getting back now.

Oh i forgot.As im landing my kite and,the victim is lieing on the ground,3 or 4 of these kids,

run past his stretched out body,RACING TO THE BOOMERANG. Where they proceed to fight over it and,break it into pieces. I am really shocked at the behavior of these CHILDREN.

IT REALLY WAS MAYHEM AT THE PARK.

You know on the police shows when the guy says,--THE SERENE CALM OF THE DAY WAS SHATTERED.

Thats just what happened.MY HAPPY WAS STOLEN FROM ME. THEY POOPED ON MY HAPPY.

WHAT A DAY. :D

HMMmmmmmmmm

Are Boomerrangs and Other Wind toys Covered under our AKA INSURANCE while we're out flying in these instances???

IT sucks that our society has gotten this bad. I do hope you can touch base with ernie and see if things are O K.

Remember tomorrow is yet another day of FUN and PEACE.

EITHER WAY YOUR DAY SUCKED!!!!!

Mr ED

Kids have TOO many rights these days. They know it, and they exploit it.. Simple as that.

Time to break out the wooden spoons people!

...I blame Rap Music, and reality TV,,, ah hell,, I blame media in general...

Its a shame you had to go through that m8. I hope the police can resolve this matter..

Kids have TOO many rights these days. They know it, and they exploit it.. Simple as that.

Time to break out the wooden spoons people!

...I blame Rap Music, and reality TV,,, ah hell,, I blame media in general...

Its a shame you had to go through that m8. I hope the police can resolve this matter..

Wow!!!!! Crappy day to be sure! Ernie, wherever you are, I hope you heal up fine!!!!

I must however take issue with your "blame" comment. It's very easy to place the blame on rap music,reality TV, the media, etc. as you suggest, but kids are products of their environment and you need look/blame no further than their own homes and parents. Period, end of story.

I wouldn't call on the AKA insurance for something like this, that can likely be settled easily, if anything even comes of it.

So sorry to hear about your experience. :D

Honestly, sounds like a new flying field might be in order, even if it is the best spot.

An environment like that, even a potential one, would really kill my level of enjoyment, well worth moving.

Wow!!!!! Crappy day to be sure! Ernie, wherever you are, I hope you heal up fine!!!!

I must however take issue with your "blame" comment. It's very easy to place the blame on rap music,reality TV, the media, etc. as you suggest, but kids are products of their environment and you need look/blame no further than their own homes and parents. Period, end of story.

Agree, with a but. Media is a huge part of the demise of today's society, children and parents alike. There's been that draft in media since the mid 80's (as far back as my media history goes anyhow) to bring drama to the table -- to sweat the little things -- to be a good little consumer and succumb to greed, to keep the mind and spirit and body occupied with stuff and things, and more stuff-and-things -- to wake up, work the typical 9 to 5, come home, watch TV, eat dinner, watch some more TV, Sleep. Wash Rinse Repeat. All to keep a society docile, complacent, dumb and numb. And let's face it, they make it pretty attractive, and its not hard to get sucked into it. Come on,,,,,, we all know most of you have a dirty little reality TV show secret. I can't help but fall for it myself. But we are much wiser in that aspect as to note it for what it really is, and not get sucked into the abyss.

Now, if these parents in question renounced the above, and were actually spending time with their kids parenting, paying attention to them,, schooling them about life, raising them to be caring and strong individuals, and most importantly, monitoring their access to the media, then I'm sure the children would be much different.

So yes, blame the parents, and also note the common root of societal demise.

Sadly, and a little sick to my stomach;

~Jon

You know,that park is a big little league field with like 6 diamonds.

I have never seen a MOB like that in there before.

Plus now that i think about it,SCHOOL IS OUT.

Some of these kids are probably on their own ALL DAY.

I will have to just take the time to go to my usual spot.

That sucks m8.. I feel you.

At my local field, there is this kid who is there about 75% of the time named hoolio -- must be 9-11 years old -- no manors or respect at all. He's constantly digging through my kite bag, pulling sh** out, unwrapping my kites, no matter how many times I tell him to not do it. Its like he has the memory retention of a squid -- every time I have at him about rifling through my things, its like its the first time he's ever heard me yell at him. Pretty frustrating, yet nothing like you went through bro.

Any news on that? Have you found that guy, or the kids?

Crap happens. I still fly at my favorite field. And thats after someone tried to run off with my Orange and Black One of a kind Custom of a Custom. I say tried because the lines were attached and I had really driven one of Walts original stakes in the ground. Tore the center panel and then some out. Didn't break the frame though. I never take my space for granted now :D

Dean

post-3388-1245211698_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, this stuff realt sucks. I feel lonely when I fly on my own, however where I tend to fly there are often not many folks around so luckily I have not had to suffer.

I do feel for you al who have had trouble in one way or another. Such a shame that you have troubles.

Crap happens. I still fly at my favorite field. And thats after someone tried to run off with my Orange and Black One of a kind Custom of a Custom. I say tried because the lines were attached and I had really driven one of Walts original stakes in the ground. Tore the center panel and then some out. Didn't break the frame though. I never take my space for granted now :D

Dean

post-3388-1245211698_thumb.jpg

Jeez Dean....that's crazy!!!!!!!!!!

That is/was a brandy new kite for you if I remember correctly. Hope you and Bazz and Rev were able to work something out to get it repaired.