magic

wen

Do you like magic?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like magic?

• yes
    • no
    • don\'t know

I'm always looking for something to add to my routines. I hadn't done a magician yet! hmmm... I think I'll go check this page out. Thanks Wen. :pinch:

I'm not a performing clown Prog... just a kite flyer, but oh my goodness... when I dress in costume the clowns come out of the woodwork! ;):):pinch:

I've collected some very entertaining clown cards over the years out of the kiting field! It's nice to get feedback from them. They like what I'm doing. (I have a magic scarf, too)

You all have a great day! :wacko:

BB

Penny

Wen let me introduce myself, oh no what the heck wen is most likely better off not knowing who I am

<_< ABSOLUTELY....Wen....your better off NOT knowing...... B)

Jeeeeesh... Little Blue Ant.... you trail all over the place......"what a pick up line"....thats almost as bad as a Slam Dunk! :wacko: I sometimes really wonder....man...were is Llamaman when you need him....I'm finding out I cant watch out for this guy alone! :)

:wacko:

:wacko: Bet the trip to Hawii and the stay there was a lot better than getting back home and finding the mess I made in the AOKmobile, but man what a wild party that night .... WAIT A MINUTE! Wen wants to know how we all feel about Magic Johnson here, she is running a poll and you guys are supposed to talk about Magic Johnson, why we are talking about Magic Johnson is beyound me, maybe Wen is blonde, I don't know, but back to the subject, you are now back in charge Wen! :)

Good to have you back Llama-dude!

How was your trip to Hawaii?

Thanks...

:) long trip :wacko:

I hated to leave B) but it is good to be home. :wacko:

Bet the trip to Hawii and the stay there was a lot better than getting back home and finding the mess I made in the AOKmobile, but man what a wild party that night

-looks like the only thing gassed up in that car was you, Cody! <_<

Back to the magic question B) ... I studied the art as a youngster but have long since forgotten it.

I never much cared for the David Copperfield, or the flashy smoke and mirror illusionist style of magic.

I am more a fan of the David Blaine style. There's a term for that... close-up or...something :) Some of these guys that do the SOH card tricks at a table... good stuff! :wacko::wacko:

David Blaine is a loser who has been blacklisted from just about every respectable Magic organization on the planet include S.A.M. (I'm not dissing you or your opions Llamaguy, just Mr. Sit-in-a-glass-box-cause-I'm-Brain-Dead-Blaine)

Copperfield is a showman first, magician second. And his wife is one of the hottest models ever :wacko: And, he is very, very good at both stage and close-up. He can spin the oldest tricks in the world and present them in a way that is still new and never been done. Quite an accomplishment considering some of his standard stage illusions have been around in one version or another for hundreds of years. I've never seen anyone else be able to take a 3 second trick and turn it into a 7 minute show.

Close-up magic (yes, that's it's official term) is quite fun and is a disipline that takes a great deal of practice. Hundreds of hours of practice for even the smallest trick must be put in before ever showing it to anyone. But, dont' ever try to do card tricks for Hutterites. They just don't get it :)

P

I do like both those magicians,but think comparing the two different styles is like saying whos the best kiter......someone who flys indoors or someone who buggies.

The street style verses theatrical style is like comparing apples to oranges.

What ever happened to Doug Henning?

Where will this thread tread next?hahhaha

Later

Good Winds

Mike

Doug Henning was great and could've been so much greater. If memory serves, he turned into a mystic/spirutalist and moved somewhere. I think he tried to give re-birth to the 60's, but instead the 60's reincarneted in him alone :wacko: Anyways, he's dead of cancer.

Mike is right. Stage and close-up really quite different. Generally, magicians specialize in one or the other. Stage magis try to cross into close-up more often then the other way around, but it's a different discipline all together. My shows were always smaller parties so my 'stage' show was really not much more then large scale close-up (with a few exceptions)

Did you know: Doug Henning ran for Canadian Parliment? Yes, he's a Canuck. nuff said :)

P

Speaking of magicians...I have had the opportunity to meet with Lance Burton here in Vegas on quite a few occasions back before he hit the big time with his HBO specials and the Monte Carlo. Never have I seen such awesome slide-of-hand magic before, the man is simply amazing with what he can do...and he has one of the most down to earth personalities that will surprise you. IMO, he is one of the best magicians I have ever had the opportunity to see. Back when he was doing a small time show at the long-gone Hacienda hotel, after the show he would invite anyone who would like to see to come down to his magic shop after the show and would teach anyone who was interested how to perform many of the items he was selling. Most of the time you would be able to stand in front of the glass counter across from him while he went through the trick for you or you would be sitting right next to him around a small 6 chair table as he amazed you with one trick after another. A lot of respect for him going from a stage performer to a "behind the counter" salesman in his shop. Now he has his multi-million deal with the Monte Carlo but still runs his magic shop on the side. :)

Copperfield is also amazing and it is always difficult to get tickets to his show when he is in town. Funny enough, his warehouse and offices are only a block away from our shop. The Amazing Jonathan has been in town for quite a while now and although his magic is not much to write home about, he will pull your insides out with laughter. Hillarious show.

Speaking of magicians...I have had the opportunity to meet with Lance Burton here in Vegas on quite a few occasions back before he hit the big time with his HBO specials and the Monte Carlo.

You lucky, lucky man you.

Lance was a great inspiration to me. One of my specialties was with silks. After seeing Lance perform (on tv) one of the greatest combined silk/fire routines I've ever seen, I re-doubled my efforts to increase my own skills in that area.

He also does one of the slickest mask routines (way better then that japanese chick) and an incrediable mutliplying ball. But, last I saw, his escapes needed a bit or work :)

I'd give my left arm for a peek into Copperfields warehouse. :wacko:

Going back to my previous post, the reason why brain-dead-blaine has been blacklisted is because HE is the idiot who did the 'unknown magician' sh_t on TV and gave out all those secrets. That's also one of the reasons he has had to resort to such pointless crap as sitting in a glass box. He's a talentless hack who's been unable to get REAL accreditation and so resorted to childish, petty antics in order to get attention. He was unable to get the respect he thought he deserved, so he sold out his profession.

P.

Wen wants to know how we all feel about Magic Johnson here, she is running a poll and you guys are supposed to talk about Magic Johnson, why we are talking about Magic Johnson is beyound me, maybe Wen is blonde, I don't know, but back to the subject, you are now back in charge Wen! :huh:

HE not she but HE :lol: (and i don't care about basketball. yet)

I never much cared for the David Copperfield, or the flashy smoke and mirror illusionist style of magic.

I am more a fan of the David Blaine style. There's a term for that... close-up or...something :huh: Some of these guys that do the SOH card tricks at a table... good stuff! :lol:   :blink:

me too

• 3 weeks later...