KiteLife Forum

Lookin for some cool ground wind art.

airin

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought I'd try here. I am looking for some of those cool wind spinning things that are staked to the ground, perferablly but sometimes also seen flying off of poles a kite festivals. I think some may be called 'bols', and there's some called 'f-stop', to give you an idea of what I mean.

I have seem some neat stuff adding to the kite atmosphere at festivals but my local shop doesn't stock anything but kites and conventional windsocks and I haven't had much luck searching through the wares of online stores.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these types of goodies?

thanks,

Erin

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought I'd try here. I am looking for some of those cool wind spinning things that are staked to the ground, perferablly but sometimes also seen flying off of poles a kite festivals. I think some may be called 'bols', and there's some called 'f-stop', to give you an idea of what I mean.

I have seem some neat stuff adding to the kite atmosphere at festivals but my local shop doesn't stock anything but kites and conventional windsocks and I haven't had much luck searching through the wares of online stores.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these types of goodies?

thanks,

Erin

Have you looked here?: intothewind

Another good source...

http://www.gkites.com/

(spin off site from www.gombergkites.com)

Also, whatever you see on these sites, you can almost undoubtedly order through your local retailer.

Always support your local shops, whenever possible. ;)

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Very helpful.

Our local shop is not able to get that much in with regards to kites because they say they only deal with a few specific companies. Online shopping is a godsend when one has specific interests within a less than mainstream sport.