John Barresi

Sedgwick Series

17 posts in this topic

post-1-124755697992_thumb.jpg

The Rev I Sedgwick Series is back by popular demand...This kite is available in the classic 4-wrap graphite frame or with the stiff SLE leading edge. The Standard version gives you a more forgiving flying experience while the SLE version gives you a more solid feel. This is the kite that started it all - the Rev I - unmatched for its stability and precision. Kites come in your choice of Lee's colors or Sue's colors.

Lee Sedgwick Signature Series.

MFR page - http://www.revkites.com/main/Sedgwick_Series

3 people like this

Create Custom T-Shirts

I still think this is one of the coolest Rev vids I have seen.

Each time I watch it I wonder to myself if the folks walking in the foreground have ever seen it.

Still one of my favorite vids too. ;)

Thoroughly, enjoyed this video, and it is all making decisions difficult... nice to have a place to observe these flights.

3 people like this

Yes, definitely one of the best Rev videos out there. :)

Subscriber 1150

Flyguy - what do you have now in your inventory?? Look to fill some holes in what you have, then branch out to try something "different"!

Look to have at least a std and f/v for most conditions first, then add as you can!! No fun having duplicates of the same sail, if that keeps you from flying on some days you could use a different kite!!

IMHO!!! :ani_idea:

1 person likes this

Yes, Wayne, even as a new kite flyer, I figured a benefit , like having a couple of types of sailboats or gliders, considering the fact the weather is the factor, one would be better served by having a variety of types of sail, or a configuration of sail to accommodate the conditions. Fortuitously, after fifty years of sailing, cruising, on several seas, and four oceans, and conditioning my skill from a glider pilot to an ambulatory air transporter, having flown and sailed a number of designs, Conditions rule the day. I have now nine different kites; a variety of 0 knots, to 30 knots, to allow me a choice in varying conditions. Thanks for the suggestions. :ani_victory:

1 person likes this

I have the Cool Pattern, and it is, cool that is. :)

I have been really starting to enjoy the Rev 1.

As my skill grows so does my appreciation of this Cool Kite.

2 people like this

I agree the other half of the equation is skill. :ani_victory:

1 person likes this

Flew the Cool Rev 1 Sedgwick today in light gusty winds with the intent of using more brakes, minimizing flutter, slowing down & continuing hover practice. My light wind skills are improving & the Rev 1 is a great Sportwing to test them. The gusts really test your hover efforts. Flew a Zephyr in the same session & tried to make it hover too. When the wind dropped enough to ground the duelie the big Rev would still fly. Maybe I'm starting to get it....

4 people like this

Flew the Cool Rev 1 Sedgwick today in light gusty winds with the intent of using more brakes, minimizing flutter, slowing down & continuing hover practice. My light wind skills are improving & the Rev 1 is a great Sportwing to test them. The gusts really test your hover efforts. Flew a Zephyr in the same session & tried to make it hover too. When the wind dropped enough to ground the duelie the big Rev would still fly. Maybe I'm starting to get it....
Amen brother...there will be no better feeling than being the "one" working the window....while everyone watches ;)
1 person likes this

Nicely summed up flyguy.

I really like the Rev 1 in the lighter winds.

The race frame rocks in it.

I have the 4 wrap and SLE for the stronger winds too.

That's great to hear about your progression.

1 person likes this

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on my 2nd Rev, a Rev 1. Already got the color picked out.

1 person likes this

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on my 2nd Rev, a Rev 1. Already got the color picked out.

Make sure you get at least 2 frames for it - something stiff and something flexible! Stiff let's you fly in windier conditions, the flexible one will serve you well in light! Back in '97-98 the Rev1 came with a 4 wrap standard and a while back I added a Race frame for it! WATCH the LE!! That is a BIG wing you got out there, too much flex and....SNAP!! Most have a 3 wrap and seem to like it better than a 4! I've never used an SLE set in any of my sails, so can't give you a review on that! On your own with that one!~! :ani_giveup: With my Race, I kept up with a friend and his Zen, until I tuckered out!! Way more moving needed to keep it up!!

Still though, it's not a vented (unless you're looking at that)! It flies in pretty much the same conditions as your SLE! Personally I'd go for something that gives me a variety of conditions to fly in first, then add some variety! But as always IMHO!! YMMV!

1 person likes this

Make sure you get at least 2 frames for it - something stiff and something flexible! Stiff let's you fly in windier conditions, the flexible one will serve you well in light! Back in '97-98 the Rev1 came with a 4 wrap standard and a while back I added a Race frame for it! WATCH the LE!! That is a BIG wing you got out there, too much flex and....SNAP!! Most have a 3 wrap and seem to like it better than a 4! I've never used an SLE set in any of my sails, so can't give you a review on that! On your own with that one!~! :ani_giveup: With my Race, I kept up with a friend and his Zen, until I tuckered out!! Way more moving needed to keep it up!!

Still though, it's not a vented (unless you're looking at that)! It flies in pretty much the same conditions as your SLE! Personally I'd go for something that gives me a variety of conditions to fly in first, then add some variety! But as always IMHO!! YMMV!

I did a great deal of research on the winds in my area, and anything over 15 mph is as rare as winning the lottery, unless a T-storm is coming. More typical brisk winds, are under 12 mph, and most days in the 3-9 mph range. For example, this weekend the max wind Sat is forecast to be 6 mph, and Sunday, 8 mph. My goal, is to have something that will fly in those conditions, 90% of the time. Right now trying to decided between the Standard Leading edge 1/4" or the SLE leading edge, because of my newbie status, but at this point, I think I am past the severe crash stage so maybe the 1/4" is the better choice. Tried calling AWOC today for their advice, but I guess they are closed today.

2 people like this

I just love to hear someone else has done research on his local wind condition, thank you Wayne you've saved me from ridicule. I even went to the extent to buy my home in a location that inspired winds off the Pacific to be as consistent as Mother Nature can provide.

No problem!! Glad to be of help! The Rev 1 was my 1st "real Rev" and I still have it and fly it!! No matter where you are - watch the LE - it'll tell you real fast if there's too much wind for it! I will say the Race frame works really well in it. If I'm thinking of swapping frames - it's time to change kites, for me!!

PS: that same Race frame will interchange with a Zen's frame anytime you're ready!! :ani_idea:

PSS: CB - you'll find the 1/4" rods will give you more control over the sail!! The bigger SLE gives more speed!!

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found