KiteLife Forum

Hope4Best--Plan4Worst

Guru4tru

Hi, (just some of my personal thoughts and actions)

I hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

I believe the present down turn and problems in the world economy may be an upturn for kiting. Families may start falling out of the materialistic whirlwind that has controlled their lives for so long and may have to center their attention closer to home. They may be forced to look around themselves and see their friends and family in a different light. They may have to learn how to relate with their family members without the materialistic distractions that has often kept relationships very shallow.

Kiting, for the most part, can be very inexpensive and a world of fun, bringing people and families closer together. When I go kiting I always carry along a few $2.00 Gayla delta kites to pass out to kids and the change that takes place in the family with that $2.00 kite in their kids hands is magical! (priceless!)

On the other hand, no one knows who will be standing as things progress. So I have made sure that at least Ill be flying no matter what. I have stocked up on extra parts for my kites. Some parts cost less then a dollar, like the center Ts for Destiny and Serenity (my Nirvana SE UL & STD). They are specialty items that may not be available in the future. Most all the extra parts are inexpensive and presently available, but I don't know if they will be as available in the future. Im not being a fear monger, just following the old Boy Scouts motto:---Be Prepared!

Keep It Up!

Duane