KiteLife Forum

View on KPWT Tarifa by Danilo Nacarato – 5th in Freestyle

ABoards

After getting a good result week before in the PKRA Portimao in Portugal where I ended amongst the 8 best riders in Freestyle, i went to KPWT Tarifa on fire. Wind forecast was not that good but eventually it kicked in and blew for the whole week giving us a chance to do the whole competition. Many of the top riders from PKRA entered the KPWT Tarifa competition – Alvaro Onieva, Alex Pastor, Mike Blomvall, Michael Schitzoffer and others. The Level was Super High.

img_99081.jpg?w=655&h=436

img_99141.jpg?w=655&h=436

I felt confident and was in a good shape, and regardless of that I had to compete with riders that have being participating in international competitions for a long time. I carried out several tricks in combo with Handle Passes and Kiteloops. ABoards Kiteboarding X-series board did not disappoint me, loading me with explosive pop and great maneuverability. Judges had their own view giving preference to masters of boardoffs and those who combine styles of old school and new school, and leaving behind number of well know riders.

img_01401.jpg?w=655&h=584

In the single elimination I got 4th place. Had some really crazy heats against Erik Volpe and Vincent Tiger. Unfortunately I didn’t win against Michael Schitzhoffer in the doubles. We were having a crazy heat when I crashed my kite in the buoy that limits the competition area, my kite got stuck and I couldn’t ride anymore. Michael was ridding really sick though. In the end of the double elimination competition I got 5th Place in the freestyle. I’m really happy because this is my first year of international competition and in the second stop of KPWT and I could get an amazing score. Now I’m all focused for France event now. Will have to train hard until then.

img_0005.jpg?w=655&h=436

img_01801.jpg?w=655&h=436

www.aboards.eu

www.danilonacarato.com