KiteLife Forum

SIGNED AND,NUMBERED DREAM ON.

mattiefrank

WOW, what a cool day. I saw the skydog,thingy on here and,i loved a dodd gross new tech kite that i used to own.

SSOOO,i put a couple of golf clubs on ebay and,ordered the --SKYDOG-DREAM ON.The limited edition,signed and,numbered one from harborwind.What cool folks they are.

Man,the certificate of authenticity arrived on thursday,if i remember correctly. Its really done very nicely. IM GONNA FRAME IT.Nice picture of dodd,with the dream on. VERY COOL PRESENTATION.

Then the kite shows up on saturday morning.WHAT A SMOKING KITE. :)

Even the kite sleeve was signed and,numbered.IM LOVIN IT.

I REALLY WANT TO FLY IT.BUT I KNOW I WOULD MESS UP DODDS SIGNATURE.

Im gonna wait for a windy,cloudless day,so the signature doesnt get wet and,run.

IM not sure how to explain it.But i love how the bridle is set up.Its different from my other kites.

What seals the deal for me though is the FLIGHT SCHOOL dvd.

I have the prism dvd,that came with my prism kite.

But this one,it just seems like i can relate to better.Who knows why. Maybe its because dodd seems more like a friendly guy at the park,who doesnt mind giving you a lesson and,some pointers.

ALSO,MR. COSCA,from skydog said in my letter that he personally went over my kite to MAKE SURE -that it was more than up to par. I LIKE THAT.

NOW,i have to get another one for flying.The signed and,numbered one,is gonna fly maybe twice. THEN IT GOES ON A WALL. ;)

I LOVE KITE FLYING. SO MUCH MORE RELAXING THAN GOLF.

Anybody else got one of these limited edition ones OR, thinking of getting one.

I am seriously thinking about jettisoning a trumpet on ebay to get another one of these.Its so nicely done.

Well,i took the kite out yesterday,but there was no wind. ;)

So,after awhile i just came back home and,took some pictures in my backyard.

It really looks good in the sunlight, really vibrant.

DOES ANYONE KNOW,does the autograph fade over time on this fabric.It already looks kind of faint to me and, i would like to keep it from fading away on me.

Anywaze,i would like to share a pic with you all.

Also,if someone has one of the other models,i would like to see it if you dont mind.post-4273-124871859489_thumb.jpg

The colors really pop in the bright sunlight.It does seem really light compared to my other kites. seems like it should fly in pretty light winds.Well,let me get back to work,i have been goofing off long enough.See ya folks.

IM sorry,but i forgot to put in a pic of the signature.post-4273-124871944428_thumb.jpg

I dont know if thats about right for writing on fabric.But it just looks light to me.Is it cheating if i go over it --VERY CAREFULLY-- with a sharpie of my own. just wondering.

IM sorry,but i forgot to put in a pic of the signature.post-4273-124871944428_thumb.jpg

I dont know if thats about right for writing on fabric.But it just looks light to me.Is it cheating if i go over it --VERY CAREFULLY-- with a sharpie of my own. just wondering.

I don't know about cheating or not but there is just about no way you can make it look natural.

Tracing over an existing line is just going to look bad. You will not be able to exactly follow the existing line unless you go very slow.

Very slow = shaky line (and the ink may bleed into the fabric leaving blotches).

Fast means you will have double lines in several areas.

My day job for 20 years used to be as a document examiner/handwriting examiner for a government forensic laboratory. Tracing was the EASIEST forgery to spot.

Doug

• Like 1

Yeah,i kind of ruled that out myself.I just imagined a big blob of black,were dodds signature used to be. THEN I FIGURED I WOULD JUST TRY TO BE CAREFUL.

I COULDNT RESIST.I took the kite to my favorite spot and,flew it.

It is now my favorite kite. I could actually spin it and,turn it and, I WAS ABLE TO COME OUT OF THE MANEUVEURS AND,FLY STRAIGHT LINES. :) With my other kites,it was hard to predict where i was gonna be when i was through.But for some reason,i was able to get this kite to go where i wanted it to.

I ACTUALLY FELT COMFORTABLE FLYING 5 OR 10 FEET OFF OF THE GROUND.

That has never happened before.Usually when the ground gets close,im afraid of losing control.But with this kite, i was always in control.What a cool feeling.

When i was putting the kite away,as i was taking the spars out,i just started putting them back in.

I WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD DO THAT AGAIN. YEAH,I COULD. ;)

How cool that was,I did even better,the second time.I guess i just ==FEEL-- this kite better. Im thinking of maybe trimming my collection now and,maybe get another one of these for flying purposes and,just hang this one on the wall.

THIS THING REALLY DID FLY LIKE A DREAM. Maybe now i can take some video and,post it.A few more sessions like this and,i will be all over youtube.

No worries about the signature. It won't come off. It only looks "light" because they probably used a silver sharpie, not a black.

Don't go over it or anything, I'm pretty sure it won't come out good. ;)

Enjoy! and congrats on what sounds like your first signed kite!

Yes,it is my first signed kite. And,i couldnt be happier with the whole package. VERY WELL DONE.

But,more importantly,i have connected with this particular kite. THIS KITE MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A FREESTYLE PILOT.

It just feels like im driving a sports car in the air and,im actually sitting in the kite steering it.

( I HOPE THAT DOESNT SOUND TOO SILLY) But thats what it feels like.

My other kites feel like something is up in the air and,im on the ground trying to corral it.

I am really trying to fight ordering another one right now,just for regular everyday use. For some reason,me and,this kite have really clicked. Im getting much further with this one than i did with my E2.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If Dodd signed it with a Sharpie you should have no problem with it. I have a Rev signed by Bazzer in silver sharpie ink and have flown it in almost all kinds of weather now with no fade.

Congrats on the kite, I've been eyeing up the Dream On something fierce! Skydog Iz Good People!

Just always remember, Kites Are Meant To Be Flown. They gain good mojo that way. ;D