KiteLife Forum

Arbitrator

I owned one briefly. When I measured it, it was only ten feet, not twelve feet across as it was being advertised at the time. The manufacturer stated that it was 12' when laid flat. This is by no means a standard way of measuring sport kites. I decided not to fly it and sent it back for a refund. I paid shipping. I was never able to contact the manufacturer by phone. There was no physical address for the manufacturer at the time.

The Thor's Hammer by Level One is a 13'-6" kite available from trusted dealers.

For more on the Arbitrator see:

The Thor's Hammer is no longer being made - IIRC.

Kent, did that happen recently? It's still listed on the Sky Burner web site. That's too bad if it's no longer being made.

I missed catching the dual line virus, and thus, for me, they're only fun to watch for a few minutes. Two exceptions are the Chicago Fire team flying stacks and Dave Bush flying Thor's Hammer. Dave, like me, has a strong attachment to terra firma, so watching Thor pull him along the ground is fun to watch. He's got great control, but when the winds are high and he loads up the kite in the middle of the wind window, the dual belongs to Thor.

For others who might not have seen him fly, here's a video in average winds ...

Cheers,

Tom

I have a Thor's Hammer and it is a great kite. What is so amazing about it is that even though it is such a huge wing, it can really do a lot of tricks and is actually fun to trick. The axle's are so flat and so sloooooooow that you can actually talk your way through the axle as it is being performed. Kind of like watching a DVD on how to do an axle but in very super slow motion. lol Some of the other tricks I have done with my Thor is Cascade, Jacobs, Slot Machine, Flic Flac, fade, backspin, lasy susan, 540 and maybe a couple others - not coming to mind though. For the Cascade and the 540, you gotta be ready to run as you have to throw in about 15 feet of slack to get the 540 to rotate around....and then you gotta run backwards to pull the slack back out. It's a serious workout but major fun!!!

Last I heard was that the Thor's was not being made as of about 2 years ago....but again I may be mistaken on that so if anyone knows differently then let me know. I know that the price on the Thors was somewhere near the $800.00 or maybe even more now that the dollar has lost so much value in the last year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome Thirdcoast Kiteman

My name is Josh aka stuntkiteman.In reply to the Arbitrator.I have flown the Arbitrator kite.It actually belongs to my father.Its a great kite to fly.We had it in 10mph wind and it dose give some nice pulling action.However as long as the rod's don't break lol.We live in the tricity area hear in Washington and the winds range from a variable 3mph breeze to 10-15mph gust's and that's If where lucky lol.I believe that because of these gusts of winds.Is what breaks these fiberglass rod's.However from what I've been finding out is.That everyone is switching to carbon rods.Especially on the bigger kite's and from What my father has been telling me.You all at Third Coast Kite&Hobby are giving this Arbitrator one heck of a carbon overhaul.We both cant wait to fly it again and to see all the changes you made on it.I myself have the Tivar kite from level one.It as well as the arbitrator are very nice pulling kite's.So far I haven't broke anything lol.We are big stunt kite enthusiasts.We are both in search of the kite they call the Thor's Hammer by level one.We both would love to get a chance to fly that beast.However in my searching/finding.Is that it is no longer made and for those who have it aren't willing to sell lol.If anyone could give any information regarding where to get the Thor's Hammer stunt kite or any stunt kite that has more then 10 feet wing span That would be awesome.Hopefully more people will keep replying to this topic.

Thank you again Third Coast Kite&Hobby for all your help and support.

Josh

aka Stuntkiteman