KiteLife Forum

My NEW Widow Maker UL

nosedive

Well, I thought I posted a quick little post a couple weeks ago that I was getting a new kite, but maybe I didn't? Oh well....here are a few pics of my new kite being assembled by the one and only Jon Trennepohl. Thanks to my brother in law snapping that last one with me "jawing" w/ Jon while he creates my tail-weight.

Charcoal, midnight blue, black, flo-orange,....nice! ^_^ ENJOY....

I'll get her in the air tomorrow!!

post-4149-125564075734_thumb.jpg

post-4149-125564077083_thumb.jpg

post-4149-125564078721_thumb.jpg

Well, I thought I posted a quick little post a couple weeks ago that I was getting a new kite, but maybe I didn't? Oh well....here are a few pics of my new kite being assembled by the one and only Jon Trennepohl. Thanks to my brother in law snapping that last one with me "jawing" w/ Jon while he creates my tail-weight.

Charcoal, midnight blue, black, flo-orange,....nice! ^_^ ENJOY....

I'll get her in the air tomorrow!!

Just as I thought........smooth, & precise! So far it's great!

No other comments ?!?!?!?!? :confused!:

No comments because everyone is very jealous!!! LOL

Actually, my Widow Maker UL is one of my favorite kites and it is (IMO) one of the best made and flying UL's on the market. It's a shame that this kite and Jon T don't seem to get the respect and admiration they both deserve.

The colors??? Well... I would have cringed when I first "heard" of the color combination but seeing the pictures - hey, that's rather striking. I LIKE IT!!!

Nice kite - let us know how ya like it. I love mine!

• 2 weeks later...

No comments because everyone is very jealous!!! LOL

Actually, my Widow Maker UL is one of my favorite kites and it is (IMO) one of the best made and flying UL's on the market. It's a shame that this kite and Jon T don't seem to get the respect and admiration they both deserve.

The colors??? Well... I would have cringed when I first "heard" of the color combination but seeing the pictures - hey, that's rather striking. I LIKE IT!!!

Nice kite - let us know how ya like it. I love mine!

Thanks Kent,...

Learning tricks with it too. Met up with some local guys along w/ Jon T the other day and he was showing us some easy PRACTICE stuff to learn with slack-line tricks...cool stuff!

Colors: Think about it, ...first, they're opposite on the color wheel (orange / blue), and ...start looking around. You see a TON of this color combo: Detroit Tigers, NY Mets, Denver Broncos, U of Florida, .....you watch, ..you'll start seeing the combo all over the place now :D. My brother in law said at first...why? I told him about how you see it all the time....and he called me a couple days later saying WOW, ..it's everywhere! ;)

Thanks for the kind words!

NICE kite... I've flown a friends Widowmaker standard, but not the UL. Our team flies the T & T Comp and the Pro Dancer SUL, and I fly a Nik Nak on occasion because it's so fun to play with- I really, really like Jon's designs (and the sewing done by Pam and Mike is beyond precise). I've got my color pattern picked out for my standard and UL Widowmakers... now I have to sell off a bunch of kites to fund them!