KiteLife Forum

Veteran's Day!!

Guru4tru

Hi Kitelife Friends,

I’ll be short about this, but it is close to my heart. Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day. Many today in America take Freedom for granted and that’s good in a way because it shows how well this country is working, in spite of all our differences. Most of us can do about anything we want any time we want, which is not the case in many other parts of the world.

But, tomorrow I’m going to fly my kites in memory of those who have sacrificed their lives for this Freedom and also for those presently serving in the military, sacrificing each day to maintain our precious Freedom.

I read something a long time ago about some people who used kites to send their prayers to God. I don’t remember much more about that, but that’s what I will be doing tomorrow and I hope, if others feel moved in that direction, they might join me as I fly. Even though we are miles apart…collectively it might change something…or at least it will show our gratitude for their sacrifice, which may change ourselves a little.

Thank you,

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hi Kitelife Friends,

I’ll be short about this, but it is close to my heart. Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day. Many today in America take Freedom for granted and that’s good in a way because it shows how well this country is working, in spite of all our differences. Most of us can do about anything we want any time we want, which is not the case in many other parts of the world.

But, tomorrow I’m going to fly my kites in memory of those who have sacrificed their lives for this Freedom and also for those presently serving in the military, sacrificing each day to maintain our precious Freedom.

I read something a long time ago about some people who used kites to send their prayers to God. I don’t remember much more about that, but that’s what I will be doing tomorrow and I hope, if others feel moved in that direction, they might join me as I fly. Even though we are miles apart…collectively it might change something…or at least it will show our gratitude for their sacrifice, which may change ourselves a little.

Thank you,

Keep It Up!

Duane

Nice idea, Duane. I went out and flew my kites with our War Heroes in mind. It was a really great day for remembering our Vets.

Pat

I'm glad someone was flying for the Vets on Veteran's Day....it rained here, so I was a day late in sending my kite and thought to the sky!! Although they had my thoughts and prayers inside! (Beer and a sheltered Bar-B-Que...I think they appreciated my appreciating my Freedom!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

No fly for me either on Rememberance Day. Working then too dark to see.

Didnt stop me thinking about all the service persons though, past and pesent.

Of course it is important that we think all the time, not just on one Day. However it always gives me a focus and the thought of what so many folks have given to let us all have the lifestyle and freedom we have today. I then go one to consider ALL the lives lost, on both sides in so many conflicts. Then reflect on the fact that many parts of the World are not as free as us.

Remembering that line in Miss Congeniality I think it was "I realy do want World Peace" wouldnt that be wonderful?

Goodness that is a bit deep and meaningful for me, dont know what brought that on.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.