KiteLife Forum

Truck Tubes!!

Guru4tru

med_gallery_3449_226_169420.jpg

Hi,

Check it out...just finished it! "Truck Tubes!" (Picture above)

I drive my truck to all the fields I fly at and here if Florida we never know what the weather or wind conditions (or my mood) are going to be even sometimes 5 miles away. So I take all my kites with me. There are 4 thin walled tubes (2-3" & 2-4") which carry 8 kites or more, one or 2 in each end, w/ the winders for each kite. The tubes have lettering on each end so I know which kite is where. All the kites would have fit into 3" tubing because I make my winders 2 1/2" wide, but the handles on the Revs. required 4" tubes. (Maybe, I can come up with collapsable handels sometime.)

There almost indestructable...totally waterproof...and easy to get at each kite by just unscrewing one of the caps. Total, with kites and winders, it weights 20 Lbs. So, it isn't something I would want to carry much farther then from my house to the bed of my truck. If I'm going to the beach, which we can't drive on, I just take the kites I want and leave the tubes at home. I have 2 bungee cords that hook the tubes in position in the bed so it doesn't move when I'm driving.

Keep It Up!

Duane

I like your Rocket Launchers :rev_clockwork:

The bear scores again ... made me laugh.

I can easily picture Duane down at the beach while NASA and Homeland Security fight over who gets to handcuff him. Especially if he sticks an end in the sand with the tube at a 45 degree angle. Probably will have lots of open beach in which to fly his kites.

Oh yes, the rule of unintended consequences!!!

Cheers mate,

Tom

You'all are really funny!!! "Ha" "Ha!"

-----------

They say, "Humor is an exaggeration of the truth". But in this case....

-----------

(I actually did get stopped by a life guard the first time out and he made me unscrew the tubes and show him what was inside...as the second guard stood aways back on his cell phone! That's when I decided it's to heavy to carry to the beach anymore.) :mf_death::rev_clockwork:

Keep It Up!

Duane

ROFLMAO

That image of the first Lifeguard "Sir, place the package on the ground and step away from it"

As the second Lifeguard stands back, phone at the ready.

First guy "Sir, put the package down and step away from it NOW"

Second guy slowly bringing the phone up, so as not to make the situation worse.

First guy "Put the package down and step away, DO IT, NOW, face down, on the ground, hands behind your head"

HA HA HA HA Ha Ha he tee hee hee hee. Oh my goodness my side hurt SO much. I just can't stop laughing. Someone PLEASE help me.

Ho ho ha hee, chortle, chuckle. OK I am better now, tee hee, ha ha. The tears just streaming down my face. Sorry, just got to go lie down for a while. tee hee.

What didn't help matters were the words:

............"REVOLUTION".................

..........."QUANTUM FIRE"................

.........."NIRVANA STANDARD".............

Written on the sides of the Tubes!

------------------------------------------------

My wife said, "What do you expect...You look like the Unibomber!! Shave...get a hair cut...and stop wearing those stupid shoes!" :rev_clockwork:

Keep It Up!

Duane

I've found, when carrying my 6' kite bag slung across my back, walking through the State Park to the beach, that it is beneficial to explain to passers-by:

"No, this is not a rifle, just a bunch of kites."

Curious frowns usually change to smiles.

We don't have life-guards on WA beaches - you swim, you die :bones: - bad rip currents.

However, I would not like to explain the :rev_clockwork: rocket launcher tubes :mf_death: to anyone.

• 1 year later...

I had tubes like these (but 6" x 10' heavy-walled and with padlock hasps) permanently attached to the roof of my '86 Bronco. They were strong enough that by adding cross-bars I had a sturdy carrier for other things.

I kept my kites in them during the season, so I was ready to fly anytime. I had to include a 10' hook-ended rod to pull out shorter kites, since I couldn't pick them up and shake the kites out.

I did get some odd looks and questions occasionally.

My wife said, "What do you expect...You look like the Unibomber!! Shave...get a hair cut...and stop wearing those stupid shoes!" :)

Yeah, but I still want to see the "stupid shoes" Duane................. ;)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First off....where did this post come from???

I wrote that over a year ago!!

And I can't show you a picture of the "stupid" shoes, because they wore out and my wife bought me some shoes that she didn't think looked "stupid"!!

Nick??!!??!! Did you do this???

OK...OK...Where and when is...."Rogallo Fest"!

(Not that IQUAD is out of the question at TISKC!!)

[And Pete...we'll have to fly together sometime!! (unless you are responsible for this! :) )]

Keep It Up!

Duane

My wife said, "What do you expect...You look like the Unibomber!! Shave...get a hair cut...and stop wearing those stupid shoes!" :)

Yeah, but I still want to see the "stupid shoes" Duane................. :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I can't show you a picture of the "stupid" shoes, because they wore out and my wife bought me some shoes that she didn't think looked "stupid"!!

[And Pete...we'll have to fly together sometime!!]

Keep It Up!

Duane

Pete brought it back to life.............you wrote the part about the "stupid shoes", and glad you got some new ones....................thanks to your wife!

Take it easy now.............just kidding you ;) relax. It's Miller thirty................

Yeah, but I still want to see the "stupid shoes" Duane................. :)

[And Pete...we'll have to fly together sometime!!]

Keep It Up!

Duane

Pete brought it back to life.............you wrote the part about the "stupid shoes", and glad you got some new ones....................thanks to your wife!

Take it easy now.............just kidding you :) relax. It's Miller thirty................

Well, that's a surprise! Nick, I thought you were ;) with me!! heehee! (But, no one can drink 30 Millers in one sitting!!) :) Can they?!?!

And Pete...It is great to meet you!! And I'm glad you liked my "really old" post, but I see that you are up to your neck in freezing weather...and like Jeepster, from your neck of the woods...have nothing better to do!! heehee!!

========

78 degrees F. today, North wind at 6 to 10mph...but, don't worry I used sunscreen today!! heehee!! B)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Well, that's a surprise! Nick, I thought you were ;) with me!! heehee! (But, no one can drink 30 Millers in one sitting!!) :) Can they?!?!

Sorry, Miller 30, means that it's 5:30 PM. NOT, 30 beers.................... :)

Have you never heard the expression, "It's Miller Time". Well that's 5:00 PM ! Miller 30 means it's 5:30 PM.................Comprenda !! :)

...Pete brought it back to life.........

Check my join date and number of posts. I expect there will be a few topics brought back to life as I explore the site.

I've seen it in other forums: a newbie goes exploring and answers posts from the dim reaches of history. The difference is, that I know I'm doing it. I'll try to pick topics that can stand re-airing.

(And Reef Runner, I suppose that Miller Ack-Emma would mean 5:00 in the morning?) w00t.gif

(Guru4tru: 30 Millers? What's that in wine? We went through almost 70 bottles on my last birthday. I think I may have had several, but I can't remember and most of my friends are still talking to me so maybe I didn't have all that much.)

Edited by --Pete

Check my join date and number of posts. I expect there will be a few topics brought back to life as I explore the site

Hey Pete, Welcome over here to Kitelife. We do carry on quite a bit, and sometimes it's about kites. It's just that over here, everything isn't about Revs. I've read many of your post over on the Rev forum.....................Glad you're expanding.......................nick ;)

... many of your post over on the Rev forum....

Yeah, I do get a bit talky.wink.gif

Welcome Pete!! You get a bit talky?!?! I just saw that I have 690 post and I can't remember saying anything important....(No...Jeepster and Reef Runner, you don't have to post your aggreement to that...it's understood!! heehee!!)

Keep It Up!

Duane