KiteLife Forum

Don't like the home page ads, news feeds, etc?

On the home page, we've got the right column with sponsor banners, handy links and feeds from various parts of the forum, etc.

Some people have expressed a distaste for this, so I just wanted to share a quick and easy method to take it off your screen.

Here's a screen capture...

post-1-126090658898_thumb.png

Just below "View New Content", you'll see a little "X"... Click that, and the whole right column will slide away out of view.

Far as I can tell, the forum will remember whether you have it visible or not, and carry that through on each of your visits.

Please try this out, and see if it works for you?

I've been using FIrefox also, for many years now. I have a plugin called AdBlock Plus that blocks all external banner ads and the like. So when I go to Facebook, for example, I don't see any of the ads on the right hand side. However, I do see the forum-related info on the right hand side like you were talking about- AdBlock Plus (or any other blocking plugin that I know of) does not block things like this- that's considered normal content originating from the home site (whereas most popup and banner ads are actually links to other sites and such). So I do see the other stuff on the right hand side (like Forum links, the status updates from other users, etc).